3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   What is your dream job and why (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/117488-what-your-dream-job-why.html)

balloonlady 07-11-2007 10:06 AM

Making balloon animals - and it's what I do now. If I was back in college I might choose to study marketing this time around, I really enjoy that part of running my business.

Casandra 07-11-2007 10:48 AM

I dont know how to answer this question properly. I want to be so many things, I dont know if I can only pick one!

I am currently just a lowly graphic designer, with no day job. I have been in jobs before, but I am so much of a people person, that my last job actually had me pondering going onto anti depressants just to keep up day to day.

I am an ok musician. I can sing and play a melody of instruments. Oboe, bassoon, guitar, etc.

I enjoy sketching. Mostly naked figures of what I wish my body looked like, lol. And I love animals.

I guess I have 3 options.

1.) Beagle Breeder/Showing type person - I am very passionate about beagles. They're just so dern expensive here, but with puppies selling at $1600 a pop, having a couple litters every year with different sires/dames would make quite a bit of an income for me.

2.) Consultant - Be it design, travel, estates, or even headhunting. I want a career as a consultant.

3.) Professionally Unemployed - Part of me just wants to apply for jobs and go to interviews for the rest of my life. Maybe even give a bit of 360 feedback. This way, I would get paid for something I seem to be quite good at! Being interviewed. I never actually seem to get the job, I'm always second bested or beaten to the post, but I always get good feedback.

Sounds good to me. If I could get paid to criticize how people interview...that would be awesome.

nelie 07-11-2007 10:54 AM

One thing I forgot to mention is I'd like to work in a good zoo with various animals. I think most zoos in the US do a lot of good work in teaching people about animals and why it is important to help our environment and save the animals. They also help preserve animal species that would otherwise go extinct.

WinterStarzz 07-11-2007 11:14 AM

I don't know where you live, but my hubby through Hope Network. They have facilities with disabled adults, disabled youths, mentally ill adults, mentally ill youths, etc. And he's 318lbs.

As for me...I have always wanted to work at Sea World. I think that would be really awesome.

Bella2007 07-11-2007 11:26 AM

My dream job would have to be in the fashion industry, either owning my own boutique or being a buyer. Love love love clothes!

My second dream job would be to be a professional ballroom dancer (like Dancin with the Stars). I am just mesmerized by them!

MarinePrincess 07-11-2007 12:17 PM

My dream job would be to be an anonymous, world-famous author. Stay home and write, write, write while the world wonders who I am...mauahaha!

I'm working on my B.A. in English right now through UMUC Asia and when I get a bit closer to that, I'm going to finish my B.A. in German (which I was almost done with when the military said, "Go to Japan."). Both of which I'm working on towards my end-goal, and second dream job, of living in Germany teaching English. :cheer2:

StillTryin 07-11-2007 12:37 PM

Well, this is a good question. My number one would be to own my own successful business and not have to work unless I wanted to..lol

But I am an elementary school teacher and love it. I just wish some of the teachers in my area that have been teaching since my husband was in school (he is 47) would retire and give some of theyounger/newer teachers a chance to get in full time. (long story in my area)

I love working with kids. I would love to put a HUGE daycare center/after school center up, with a big rec area and stations for activities. I would have to have a LOT of money for that...so if anyone reading this is a grant writer..lol

balloonlady 07-11-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillTryin (Post 1769852)
Well, this is a good question. My number one would be to own my own successful business and not have to work unless I wanted to..lol

But I am an elementary school teacher and love it. I just wish some of the teachers in my area that have been teaching since my husband was in school (he is 47) would retire and give some of theyounger/newer teachers a chance to get in full time. (long story in my area)

My husband gave up being his own boss to become a teacher. He loves it, but I wish that the pay was better. It's a very very sad statement of American values when he made more as a professional balloon artist than he does teaching our children.

FrouFrou 07-11-2007 03:13 PM

Actually have three...pastry chef, wedding planner or an interior designer.

OnceUponADrive 07-11-2007 03:43 PM

I love, love, LOVE animals...so my dream jobs would be to 1) run my own animal rescue and adoption or 2) become a marine mammal trainer (dolphins are just phenomenal creatures)

No money in either of those, though. :( I need a rich hubby to support me in all my financially empty endeavors.

GatorgalstuckinGA 07-11-2007 04:03 PM

i currently love my job...a veterinarian...but i would also love to be like the girl Samantha on the Travel Channel that goes to all these wonderful exotic locations staying at beautiful hotels and eating wonderful food and exploring cool things...i love to travel...btw...how does that women stay thin with all the food she eats LOL

changoborracho 07-11-2007 05:04 PM

Well, my dream job is that of every little boy. A fireman. I had succesfully became one and move through the ranks to captain when my infant son developed heart problems. It was then that I stopped that job so I could be home with him EVERY night instead of just a few a week. He is 3 now and all better. I miss the job now, but I wouldn't trade that extra time with him for anything.

BoopRN 07-11-2007 05:38 PM

Im a cardiac nurse now, you could probably say I'm living my dream. However, sometimes it seems like Im living my nightmare. Its a stressful job, some days are better than others. I guess my living my dream wasn't something that involved having people lives (literally) on my hands. I would like my new dream job to be something simple and fun (stress free) like being a cartoon voice for a tv show!

JustSharing83 07-12-2007 04:34 AM

My dream job is to be a movie rater for the MPAA. I can't imagine a cooler job than watching movies before everyone else gets to.

StillTryin 07-12-2007 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balloonlady (Post 1770080)
My husband gave up being his own boss to become a teacher. He loves it, but I wish that the pay was better. It's a very very sad statement of American values when he made more as a professional balloon artist than he does teaching our children.

I totally agree, I would have to go to Alaska to make any real money teaching...but oh well. If I didnt have kids, husband, ect...