Cleaning out your system

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Whats a good way to clean out your system other than a niacin flush???
  • In my opinion, the body does a good job of keeping itself clean. Eliminate as many processed foods as possible, drink lots of water.
  • I agree with what glory said. As long as you're eating healthily and try to stay away from process foods, your body will clean itself out.
  • I need something fast for a drug test at work and i dont think I want them to know what medication Im on, I havent been taking it alot I just took a dosage last night and im pretty sure they test for benzos's. I just rather keep it to myself. If I had to show proof for my prescription, I will, I just rather not.
  • When is your test? There are some charts on the net that show how long drugs stay in your system and can be detected in drug tests. You can't really flush them out, from what I understand that's a myth. You just have to wait it out. Some drugs are stored in body fat, so heavier people might store it longer than thin people. Occasional use vs long term use also seems to be a factor.

"Benzodiazepines (e.g., Ativan, Halcion, Librium, Rohypnol, Valium; Roofies, Tranks, Xanax), 2-3 days "

You might want to pack your prescription bottle.
  • My test is Tuesday, possible Wendesday, and I took a low dosage last night.
    Im drinking as much water as my stomach can hold. All Crandberry juice, and multivitamin. I also heard that if you drink alot of water, its sort of saying your guilty. But I already drink alot of water, im just adding some more in.
  • I have had a really bad experience with random drug testing at work. The only illegal drug I have ever done was marijuana years ago, and only two or three times at that. I don't even drink since I am allergic to alcohol. However, I tested postive for cocaine---which I had never done. When I asked for a retest, they denied it, stating that by the time they retested me it would be out of my system anyhow. Eventually they gave me the benefit of the doubt, but I lost out on promotions after that and was treated with disdain. These tests often create false positives and yet, there is little we can do about it. We are guilty until proven innocent. It is definately not true that if you are innocent you have nothing to worry about. Protect yourself and detox.

The best ways, according to the internet, to beat a drug test are the cranberry and water mixes, and definitely the vitamin B supplements. But from what I read, do not take the B vitamins the night before or the day of the test, since this sends a red flag that you were trying to detox. The water won't matter in terms of how it looks .... since you can always just claim you are trying to lose weight Also, apparently taking a tylenol or aspirin or something with a reasonable dose within a few hours creates inconclusive results.

I read on Ehow, I think it was, that if it is a saliva test they are the easiest to beat. Use listerine and altoids right before, again it interferes with the results.
  • I have another question, I got my job through a staffing company and in the employee handbook, it says about the drug policys and also says that recovering drug or alchol abusers will be covered under the ADA. What does that mean, I know its a disabilities act. But what exactly does that mean?
  • Depending on what you are taking water is not effective for cleanse the system for a drug test. Many years ago (10 I believe) I tried that to pass I test when I did pot. Failed big time and I drank 24/7 almost for several days nothing. Then 8 yrs ago I just quit pot and needed to take a drug test to get a job. Went to a head shop (you know what that is right?) and bought a detox drink that you drink 1 or 2 hours before the test. I followed directions exactly and passed the test. Either that or just disclose what you are taking show the script and its done and all is ok.

**Side note do not take Golden Seal a lot of places test for that as well and you will probably have to retest**

**1 more side note I do not do pot any more I quit 8 yrs ago**
  • I dont think I even want to try anything that can be tested for. Alot of those things they can detect in drug tests now. Im just talking multi-vitamins, crandberry juice, and hopefully water will do the job. If not Ill probaly take nicin if I just dont feel comfortably.
  • I take Niacin every day. I have heard it flushes the kidneys but I am unsure if that is true or not. Mine says for energy and metabolism. Golden Seal is the only thing I have heard they test for. You should be ok with some of the liquid detox drinks. Just go to a head shop and tell them you need something effective to detox your system for a drug test. Thats what I did and they did not bat an eye when I asked.
  • I took some kind of niacin before, a couple of years ago, and it burned my body. I turned bright red, it was a horrible feeling. I didnt feel too good after that either. There is a head shop about 15 min away from me. Do you remember how much you spent?? I posted this in another thread but I didnt get much help. See my problem is I took like half of a half of hydrocodone Friday night, and I took half of a xantax bar last night. I have a script for both of them. The hydrocodone script is probaly 2 months old. But the xantax script has to atleast be 6-7 months old. And it was only a couple of them that I got from a hospital. I still have the bottle with some hydrocodone in it. Its just the xantax Im worried about. But I called my pharamacy and I could get proof, Do you think that would matter?
  • The kind of Niacin I got (bought at Wal-Mart) is flush free. So you won't get that red look.

The detox stuff I got was probably under 15.00 but we told them we wanted the best they dad.
  • This is just my opinion, but if you have a valid prescription for something-then it isn't a big deal at all if it shows up on your test, and you show them your prescription bottle.

Honestly, it will look worse if the test shows that you have taken things to try and detox and cover it up. Being upfront and showing them your prescription bottle right off will look much better than taking the test, having it show up-and then showing them the bottle after the fact. It will look like you are hiding something.
  • Where my husband works, they do a hair test standard. It shows up anything going on for months-even years-depending on the length of your hair. More reliable than a saliva or urine test. Some men have been known to try and "shave their head" in a buzz cut before the test...but the nurses will, um, take hair from "other" regions.