General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-18-2007, 09:26 AM   #16  

Daddy wears Paul Sebastian, and I love it on him! When he drives my car or when I kiss him on the cheek good-bye I can still smell it for awhile--and it's never too strong!

I had an ex who wore Polo. To this day, I remember him when I smell it. Not altogether good--or bad--memories, just HIM.

My DH doesn't wear anything, but I love his natural scent, unless he's been welding some particularly stinky material. I like to cuddle up to him in bed or kiss the back of his neck while he's sitting at the table, just to get a whiff of him.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:28 AM   #17  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

DH doesn't wear cologne or after shave, but he wears Old Spice deodorant and that smells strong enough for me
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:23 AM   #18  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Gary- since being away from my beloved, all I can think of sometimes is his smell! It's intoxicating! While he uses a scented body wash, he just naturally has a sweet, pleasant smell. It was one of the first things I noticed about him and it hasn't gone away. And I miss it terribly
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:20 AM   #19  
Pending Email Confirmation

Funny- if I smell someone that smells like any of my ex-es I do NOT like it. Especially Aspen. Blech!
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:23 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

No Old Spice here! My Dad wears Polo Sport and DH wears Georgio Armani Emporium (although he used to wear Obsession by Calvin Klein).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:32 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziness View Post
Funny- if I smell someone that smells like any of my ex-es I do NOT like it. Especially Aspen. Blech!

Yep, for awhile, Polo literally made me sick to my stomach. Thank goodness I got over that!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #22  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

Mmmm..I love talking about the way my BF smells...

he wears Adidas Sport I think....last time I checked but my favorite is when he doesn't put it on and it's been a couple hours since he showered. I also am in love with the way he smells after he's been mowing lawns all day (works for a lawn service company in the summer). He manages to smell amazing and he knows it totally turns me on. *heart pound out of chest*

My dad wears Chanel for men and I never noticed my dad's scent really. He just...smells like dad I guess. He does have that metal smell to him, but that's because he works in a plant. Hmm..interesting.
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:19 PM   #23  
Working My Way Back Down

Hmm, my Dad and then my step-dad were both Old Spice guys! DH will wear it once in while, as his Dad did too.

I used to love DH's natural smell. Back in college I'd borrow his down parka and just loved being able to inhale his scent on it. He had cancer 8 years ago, thus a lot of chemo and a stem cell transplant - he doesn't smell the same!! The chemo was the worst, it lingered in his body odor for days! Now he doesn't have a lot of natural odor, except when he's been working out or doing yard work, etc.

He wears Royall Spice aftershave that I really like, though he also likes Bay Rum, which I do not! He often uses it when he's going somewhere without me, knowing that I really don't like it.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:21 PM   #24  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

I know my dad doesn't wear any one scent. But my boyfriend has this mouthwash that is the exact same one my grandma used to use!
Thankfully he's stopped using it.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #25  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife View Post
Oh, and my dad never really used scented things, either...but he used to keep a pack of cigarettes in his front pocket adn I used to love to sit in the recliner with him and my face was usually right next to the cigarettes and to this day, smelling a pack of cigs reminds me of my dad...so does Lavoris and Vitalis for what it's worth...
One grandpa used to use Vitalis...and I did too for awhile...another grandpa AND my dad used Brylcream on him and us boys as kids! ..."a little dab will do ya!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
Gary- since being away from my beloved, all I can think of sometimes is his smell! It's intoxicating! While he uses a scented body wash, he just naturally has a sweet, pleasant smell. It was one of the first things I noticed about him and it hasn't gone away. And I miss it terribly
Hope he comes home soon...or you go back home...college class right for the summer for you right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
No Old Spice here! My Dad wears Polo Sport and DH wears Georgio Armani Emporium (although he used to wear Obsession by Calvin Klein).
Sure ALLISON ~ anything will do in that heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myself View Post
Yep, for awhile, Polo literally made me sick to my stomach. Thank goodness I got over that!
Don't tell Angie
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:50 PM   #26  

Early in our marriage Aramis was popular and I always bought it for DH. For several years now he has gotten away from wearing cologne. Sometimes our sons will give him a brand that they bought and didn't like but I usually don't like it either.
This past Christmas I decided it would be nice if we both started wearing scents again. I smelled so many different types trying to decide what I wanted to smell on him it nearly made me sick. I finally decided to go with the Aramis for old times sake.

When my grown sons arrived on Christmas morning and were looking at what we got each other they took the lid off his cologne bottle and both said "oh, my gosh, that reminds me of Daddy when we were little." The smiles on their faces were so sweet as they remembered that.

Like the others my Dad always wore and still does, Old Spice. I like it on him because of the same sweet memories but it would be really creepy if DH started wearing it.
Justforme07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:34 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

I used to have a friend, Mike, who smelled SO GOOD. . .just amazingly good. I would make excuses to hug him just to smell him. . .omg. . .

Well, I got him to tell me the cologne he wore. . .and I have bought it for two separate men now. . .and neither one of them smells amazing the way Mike used to.

My husband, sadly enough, is completely odor-free, whether he wears cologne or not. The first time he spent the night, the next day I was gonna cuddle up to the pillow he had used to get that yummy moment where you smell him again. . .and. . .nothing. Zip, zilch, nada.
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 07:27 PM   #28  
Pending Email Confirmation

I used to sit by this guy in high school - he was sort of like dirty bikerish and mannish even though we were teenagers - something about his smell of leather jacket, cigarettes and no shower just really make me go nuts. Seems kinda gross now that I think about it...

I don't like BO really but the smell of a man who has been working isn't unpleasant.
But that's just me, I also find the smell of skunk and gasoline pleasant.
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:50 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

My DH has so many colognes and body sprays, I can't keep track of them all. I know I like Kenneth Cole Black and Drakkar Noir (OK from the 80's but I can't help it). All I know is DH usually showers just before me and then he sprays his body spray (mostly any Axe variety) in the dang bathroom. Ugh. I can TASTE it. I have asked over and over and over for him to spray in the bedroom, but he won't. It smells good later, but yuck.
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:59 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

My brothers both wore Drakar Noir in lieu of bathing. To this day, the smell of that cologne makes me sick to my stomach!

My dad is a soap guy- I hear you about the cigarettes, though. They have always been in his front shirt pocket. He's one of the only men I know who has a full set of Lacoste and other high-end polo shirts with pockets like that! On anyone else, it would look dumb but, on my dad, it's just my dad!

My fiance is a soap guy, too. A different brand so nothing weird there I did buy him the Burt's Bees bay rum aftershave lotion. Whoa... think Captain Morgan Private Stock without the smell of alcohol. I have to go ask himk to put it on... bye!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote