General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-17-2007, 11:18 AM   #46  
I wanna be skinny!

S/C/G: 269

Height: 5'3"

Default I got one for ya....

My sister in law whom before she married my brother in law was my best friend so I thought, asked me to be her maid of honer at her wedding then come to find out I had to share this honor with some other girl whom she had only know for a short time. Now i think when you ask one person you should, not make them feel as thought they are not your best friend after you have been there for them for many years. I just thought it was really tacky of her to do this. As of for now we are not best friends anymore since she married into the family and she treats me bad most of the time. So tacky is as tacky does......
angieevans2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:28 PM   #47  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

You know, it's one thing having snacks for little ones in church and a whole 'nuther matter having them in a funeral. Chewy treats for a kid, yeah, but chips and soda? No...don't think a child that young (3) needs to be at a funeral anyway.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:44 PM   #48  

Height: 5'6"

UGH! People are horrible! I didn't know all these things happened!

Some tacky things happen my birthday, so I am never happy on that day.

When I was little I had a birthday party and my friends hung out with my older sister and ignored ME!

Another birthday we ate at a place in the mall and everyone left me to go do their own thing.

I don't celebrate my birthday anymore, and to me it's like any other day now. My parent's buy a cake for THEMSELVES, and I try to RESIST MY OWN CAKE to stay on plan! I get so mad.

Christmas is bad for me, too. I am not a girly girl at all, I don't like jewelry or anything like that. My dad buys me a pink ring and it was just the junky ones from Walmart.

The year we learned I was diabetic I got candy as a gift and shorts, even though I was very much uncomfortable wearing shorts.

Last Christmas I just got the Pirates movie, even though they know I don't like that junk.

-=sighs=- I don't like Christmas day or my birthday because of these things. Hopefully I'll have a better time with holidays with my boyfriend.
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:54 PM   #49  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

FrouFrou, I totally agree. I don't think a 3 yr. old should be sitting there eating and drinking at a funeral. I personally would never have taken a 3 yr. old to a funeral in the first place.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #50  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
You know, it's one thing having snacks for little ones in church and a whole 'nuther matter having them in a funeral. Chewy treats for a kid, yeah, but chips and soda? No...don't think a child that young (3) needs to be at a funeral anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
FrouFrou, I totally agree. I don't think a 3 yr. old should be sitting there eating and drinking at a funeral. I personally would never have taken a 3 yr. old to a funeral in the first place.
I totally agree 3 yr. olds should not be there....but...maybe sometimes a sitter can't be found, since all the loved ones are at the funeral...you would think there would be someone to watch the kid...but maybe not. True, chips and soda is not appropriate in church service or funeral, I didn't mean to suggest that I thought so if I did...I guess what I was trying to say is there are a lot of folks that just are simply not that bright!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:13 PM   #51  
Pending Email Confirmation

your birthday story reminded me of the LAST time i had anything to do w/ my inlaws for my bday. i was asked in advance where i wanted to go to dinner for my bday - and i told them. the day before i was told that place is too expensive - we'd rather go somewhere else. So THEY pick a different restaurant - one I'd rather not go to - i pick something crappy and cheap off the menu since they are paying and obviously money is an issue - only to at the end of the night pay for my own birthday meal!

in his family, i should mention, that it is their tradition to go out to dinner to celebrate a birthday, and of course, the birthday person's meal is on the family. i also should mention that they have no money, and when my hubby's siblings were still living at home - they'd go out and be told they have to pick the cheapest item on the menu and couldn't have anything to drink but water. I never understood this behavior - we were poor when i was a kid too. but you can bake a cake and have a potluck at home for just a few dollars and have more fun, in my opinion.

What i'm learning from this thread (and from my in-laws) is that people do things differently everywhere and there is no account for taste. *LOL*
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:32 PM   #52  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

OK, so my kids, nephew, daughter in law and son in law just left here after an awesome BBQ of carne asada. I got a new watch, DODGER towel, RAIDER night light for the game room, very cool Hawaiian shirt and a subscription to USC magazine.

Oh...the tacky part....Nephew got out his yearbook ~ my kids wanted to see it since it was their alma mater....

Now, before I go further let me say I graduated from the same high school in 1972....STOP

I remember picking my son up one day his freshman year, I saw a classroom filled with little kids. I asked him "What is this? A home-ec class on raising kids?" This was 1995. He laughs and says "DAD! These are the kids of some of the students." I am "like" "WHAAAA.... "

Back to the yearbook...now these girls have their senior pictures in them with their kids....how special is that?
Old 06-17-2007, 11:09 PM   #53  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

lizziness, this brought up an old not-so-fond memory for me. I had a date once that told me to just order water with dinner. He complained that I didn't get a child's meal since I didn't eat enough off the buffett for what it costed. He put lemon juice and sugar in my water to make lemonade to keep from having to buy me a soda. I never went out with him again. LOL.

Gary, unfortunately babies in high school aren't that uncommon nowdays. Sadly one of my nieces waddled across the stage to get her diploma 9 months pregnant. The very next year Her sister pushed her baby stroller with 10 month old in it across the graduation platform.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:26 AM   #54  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hey guys, I'm loving this thread! One of my parent's cousins got married about 5 years ago. They had already been living together for about 9 years and even owned a house together at that point (still do). They still registered, for both the bridal shower and the wedding when they already OBVIOUSLY had everything they needed. I thought that was kind of tacky!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:55 PM   #55  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
Gary, unfortunately babies in high school aren't that uncommon nowdays. Sadly one of my nieces waddled across the stage to get her diploma 9 months pregnant. The very next year Her sister pushed her baby stroller with 10 month old in it across the graduation platform.
LILYBELLE ~It just seems to keep getting worse. Hey I was no as a high school boy ...but man oh man am I ashamed of AND I sure would have been ashamed of some of the things I did if I had gotten caught. Today it seems like it's "She's got one and "it's" so cute...I want one too." As you hear on ........ fill in your own (TV TALK SHOW ) "I'll do anything for my baby." HUH? What can you do? You probably won't finish high school, go to college or have a good paying job. Your mom and dad will probaly do most of the "raising of the child". Now I know there are exceptions to the rule...but the stats pretty well prove that these "KIDS of KIDS are heading for a tough tough life!

Sorry ...NOT! if I upset anyone