General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-10-2007, 06:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/190/125

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Does Anyone Know Much About Statutory Rape Laws?

I have looked on the internet to collect as much information on Statutory rape before i try to talk to any law officials. All i can seem to find is the meaning of it:

Statutory rape is the crime of sex with a minor under the age of consent.

I know that laws vary by state, so if anyone knows anything about Delaware laws on this matter, or know exactly where to look, it would be so helpful!

Thank you!!!!!!!!

~Krissie
tweetyandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:15 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

What is happening? Are you okay?

Hope this helps:

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/ovc/publica...book/issu.html

http://opa.osophs.dhhs.gov/titlex/st...laws_lewin.pdf
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post
Thank you so much! I really need help. Well, to be as brief as posible: I turned 18 back in March, but back when i was 17 my ex boyfriend forced himself on my almost daily. I told him i didn't think it was right because of the age, but he said it wasn't a big deal. Even then, i still didn't want to do anything with him. I didn't think i could do anything about it, He was bigger then me, besides i thought who was going to beleive me, a 17 year old over a 26 year old man? Anyway, the only evidence i have now is that i am 5 months pregnant with his baby. If there is anyway to stop him before he does this to some other innocent girl, i will do everything in my power to do so.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:27 PM   #4  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I am so sorry you had to go through that. Have you spoken with the police or any legal aid associations?
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I think you should go to the authorities as soon as possible.They will know exactly what to do. It will be important to establish paternity as you should not have to bear the financial responsibility alone. Please let us know what happens.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:56 PM   #6  

Well i have another legal issue going on with my ex right now. He made what police call a terriristic threat on my life, and the life of my unborn child, so now we have to go to court over that. All of this legal stuff is stressing me out to the point that my doctors think i might have a miscarrige any day now. I just don't want to pile too much on my plate at this point and time, but as soon as this court matter is over, i will make turning him in my top priority.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:34 AM   #7  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

If he was forcing himself on you then that is NOT stautory rape, it's just plain ol' rape and you should tell someone right away. At least a counselor or even a nurse at your ob/gyn.
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:46 AM   #8  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

I agree with Mummy_Tummy! Statutory rape is a lesser charge than flat out rape. That might be a harder case to prove as it continued over a period of time when you were together, but you should definitely speak to the police immediately about seeing that as an avenue. If you said no at any time to his actions, then it was beyond statutory rape. The biggest issue with waiting to turn him in is then it looks like you're just trying to get him in more trouble- which you obviously aren't but you need to make it clear on the records that he raped you. If you wait, legal officials and a jury might wonder why you waited until after the first legal proceedings to turn him in.

*hugs* Do not try to put this all on yourself. The sooner you speak to legal officials, the better. They are well equipped to handle the situation and hopefully take as much stress off of you as you can. Once you have that taken care of, is there any way for you to get away from where you are? Friends, family, etc? At the very least, do you have a restraining order against him?
charolastra00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

tweety-

I am confused about something...was your ex-boyfriend 26 or 19? In a different thread you stated that you had an abusive 19 year old boyfriend.

aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Go to the authorities . if you feel you can't do that tell your doctor what happened or his nurse, this needs to be reported.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:32 PM   #11  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

tweety, that isnt statutory rape, that is rape.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:10 PM   #12  
I restore Teeth.

Yeah, I agree with the others. Stat rape is usually coined with sexual intercourse usually with the consent of a minor (depending on state laws, the age varies). Without consent, regardless of age, is RAPE. It's a violation on an individual's rights and wishes and you MUST take action before this idiot starts to force another girl into his acts.
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

In many states, you will also be assigned a victim advocate who can explain the applicable laws in layman's terms and direct you to any services you feel you need.

Good luck!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:53 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil View Post
tweety-

I am confused about something...was your ex-boyfriend 26 or 19? In a different thread you stated that you had an abusive 19 year old boyfriend.

I posted the question a good while back about the 19 year old. I don't remember how long ago it was, but it wasn't in the last 7 months. The man i am speaking of now is my ex fiancee' who was my rebound relationship from the 19 year old, i'm sorry to say. The 19 year old and i broke up in September.
This 26 year old guy saw that i was in a bad way since my past break up, and took advantage of the situation.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:00 PM   #15  

Recent information on this, i spoke with the state police, and they have told me to come in and make a statement ASAP. They said i do have a case since i am pregnant with his child. I have a doctors appointment in 1 week, and i had planned on speaking to my doctor then, but i went to the police instead. The cops said i don't have any evidence of regular rape since it occured a couple of months back, but i still can get him on statutory rape.

I thank all of you for your concern and advice, it was greatly needed. I also thank each and every one of you for not judgeing me on this difficult situation.