3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Palm and other schedule trackers. Advice needed. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/114347-palm-other-schedule-trackers-advice-needed.html)

cbmare 06-04-2007 06:31 PM

Palm and other schedule trackers. Advice needed.

My second Handspring (Palm Pilot type) just died again. I'm tired of putting batteries in every couple of weeks. Besides, this thing is about 8 years old.

If you use one, what type? Do you like it? Would you buy it again?

I don't want to upgrade my phone to include this. I just want something small that will let me keep track of appointments, schedules, hours, etc.

TIA

HeatherAngel 06-04-2007 08:09 PM

I love love LOVE my Sony Clie - I wouldn't have anything else :) They've held their prices well, but you should be able to find one without too much damage to the bank account.

To be honest, before this, I had a Palm M series - and I'd definitely recommend it. You can almost always find one with full colour and rechargeable base on eBay for well under $100.

Hope that helps!
Heather :D

newFannie07 06-04-2007 10:31 PM

I also loved my Sony Clie. However, Sony had discontinued production about 2 years ago which I found out when I went to buy a new one. But they are still available on e-bay, Amazon, etc. Personally, I do have a Palm Treo 650phone. I like not having to carry 2 things around, but I do miss some of the features of the items separately.

Kerri

HeatherAngel 06-05-2007 01:06 PM

Wow! I had no idea Sony had discontinued them - oh dear. What rotten news. Ignore my advice then :)

Good luck!

alinnell 06-05-2007 01:46 PM

I'm seriously thinking of converting to a Treo myself. It would make a lot of things easier IMO.

BlueToBlue 06-06-2007 03:52 AM

I have a Palm Zire and I'm pretty happy with it. But I don't need anything fancy, just something that will store my calendar, contacts, and memos and that syncs up with Outlook. I got it from Amazon.com a couple of years ago--they had some sort of rebate on it so I only paid $75 (my only requirements for a PDA was that it be cheap and easy to use--the Palm was the cheapest thing available at the time). Looks like the price has gone up a bit.

cbmare 06-06-2007 12:12 PM

Thanks everyone.

I think I still have some thinking to do. I no longer need it to sync to Outlook so that isn't a problem. Who knows what it will need in the future. I'm after something for my hours, calender and notes. I think I'll hang out in that aisle at Fry's Electronics this weekend.

Thanks again.

pacman12 06-07-2007 05:45 PM

I left my job needing lots of features, so I just bought a cool new smartphone with Windows Mobile 5 - I can sync with outlook (for calendar/contacts, get email if required, and use as a phone. It's the same as a cingular 3125, very cool!