General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Ez's Last Wedding Story ~ I Promise!

I PROMISE! this will be my last wedding story...I know I have been hoggin' up the place! I just wanted to share two last things ~

#1 Here is an idea, for brides to be, I thought was cool. Here in southern California a May day can be anything from freezing to HOT! Amanda and Zac prepared for the heat..although the day was quite pleasant and cool...They had bottled water for everyone, but the neat part was the labels. The label had a picture of them smooching at the beach ~ with their names and date of the wedding ~ Nutritional Facts: Serving Size: 1 Loving Newlywed Couple....Percent Daily Value: Based on a committed and loving relationship. ~...Amount Per Serving %DV..Love 100%...Honor 100%...Cherish 100%...With one side reading, Thank You for Sharing our Special Day!

#2 Here is my last story ~ It is very special to Amanda and me. Many years ago, before Amanda was born, one of the guys at work was saying that his father in law hated him. My friend had married his FIL's daughter when she was 16 and pregnant...anyway...the FIL tried to talk her out of the marraige...even offering to buy her a car as they walked down the asile!

Over the years, from when she was very young, when she played dolls and would talk marraige, I would tease Amanda and tell her she could NEVER marry and leave her daddy. I would buy her a car instead. As she got older, and more serious with Zac, the part about the other dad was long forgotten. It had become My "you can't ever get married" signature every time something came up about marraige the "No problem, I've been looking at cars" would come out. About a week before the wedding I asked Zac if he was nervous about it, he said a little, he asked me if I was doing OK, I told him "Of course, I just looked at new Ferrari's!" He and mumbled something about we'll see...

Fast forward to the wedding day ~ The flower girls, bridesmaids and groomsmen had made their entrance....the Maid of Honor was just taking her first steps when I asked Amanda "How are you doing Sweetie-Pie?" She says "Daddy, I sure could use that car about now"... Earlier in the week I had purchased a matchbox yellow Ferrari car and put it in my Tux pocket....I had my hand on it in my pocket, wondering if I should bring it out or not...I didn't want to ruin her final thoughts....it was perfect...I just showed it to her...she squeezed my hand harder and we slowly and perfectly made her entrance the most beautiful ever!

I had always teased also that when her uncle, Pastor Steve, asked "who gives this women?" that I would say either "NO one I know"...or "I don't know the man".....having no guts I folded...my melt down started a few minutes earlier when I hugged my SIL as I gave my daughter to him...I'm just too easy...anyway I stood up and, to the relieef of everyone that knows me, said "Her mother and I do!"...no guts...no glory

I gave the car to Zac at the reception telling him "Well, looks like you got the girl and the car!"

The dude owes me!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #2  

I think I must be hormonal, because I'm tearing up

That's so sweet!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myself View Post
I think I must be hormonal, because I'm tearing up

That's so sweet!
Yeah, me too. Had to reach for the Kleenex.

Thanks Gary (and it's really no fun crying at work! LOL).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

What lucky girl your daughter is to have such a great father.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:34 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thanks gals ~ I am the lucky one! To have such a wonderful daughter!
Old 06-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #6  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for sharing all of your stories. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of it! Your perspective on the whole event has been hilarious, but also very touching.
Stop making weepies out of all of us!!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:04 PM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I do what I can DIANE...wink!
Old 06-03-2007, 09:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

More crying here. Thanks for sharing all of the stories.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote