General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-18-2007, 09:55 PM   #16  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penney View Post
OMG - I love your post!!! That reminds me of how my Dad reacted.... but actually I think you may be handling it better... LOL I am so glad I am going to my Dad's for the weekend - I think I am going to have to get him to read your post.

Congratulations!!!
Give him a from one dad to another!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:57 PM   #17  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkshireGrl View Post
I hear Mexico is lovely this time of the year
Thanks for coming around every month or so to bug me SARAH But the little is taking her to Hawaii for their honeymoon....didn't he ever think she JUST MIGHT want to spend the first few days of her marraige with HER DAD? ****-ooo...dumb! Of course he didn't "think"!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:59 PM   #18  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsinitia View Post
OMG!! I'm reading your words but hearing my husband's voice. Lord help that boy that steals his little girl's heart.

Congratulations!

P.S. - I didn't know the "drive-by" meant "crush". I thought "drive-by" meant "stalker". Maybe that's why I was over 30 before I got married.
Maybe me and your DH can "pardner" up and do some damage on these boys!!
Old 05-18-2007, 10:00 PM   #19  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica View Post
LOL! That is awesome! Congrats to your daughter and the , and congrats to you for being such a wonderful father. There are many daughters out there who do not know what it feels like to have a dad who wants to spend more time with his daughter.
Thank-you PHANTASTICA for your kind words. I do know that...it is sad the mistakes some people make.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:04 PM   #20  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Just a couple of more reasons why he isn't worth my daughter:

#1 ~ Proposed to her on an Alaskan cruise....****-ooo...she could have been sea sick!....loooser!

#2 ~ Brings her pink roses every year for her birthday and any occasion he can think of because they are her favorite...HA! So PREDICTABLE!! ...loooser!

#3 ~ Is making me wear a somewhat matching TUX! Wait til he sees me in it ...loooser!

I'll think of more but Angie says the DODGER game is on...gotta go!
Old 05-18-2007, 10:46 PM   #21  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:39 PM   #22  

Height: 5'8"

Goodness you are funny! I have four kids 16 to 9 (2 girls) and am fearful - hopeful? - that my husband will respond to suitors as you have! Good luck on the wedding and just think of the grandbabies you can spoil....
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:57 AM   #23  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Boy, I just stumbled on this thread and I am so glad I did! This is the funniest one ever. You really should print that first post and frame it for her. FUNNY!

I'm laughing now.... but I have a 13 year old girl who has ignored all of my advice regarding the boys who have caught her eye. I probably won't be laughing for long.........
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:19 PM   #24  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Gary, LOL, think of it as "I'm not losing a daughter, I'm gaining a son". Much easier said than done. LOL.

I have a 24 yr. old SD that is in all kinds of trouble. I'd glady take that fiance off your hands if you'd send him here to marry this SD. He sounds like great father material and there would be 2 loving little boys to help him adjust to fatherhood. LOL. I'll even send pic's if you want me to. LOL. (Just of the boys of course, as the mom is due with baby boy #3 anyday). Her relocation would be considered completely acceptable. LOL.

Lol, congratulations on the upcoming marriage of your DD.

Last edited by lilybelle; 05-19-2007 at 01:25 PM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:33 AM   #25  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisClaws View Post
HEY! Are you with me or at me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonia View Post
Goodness you are funny! I have four kids 16 to 9 (2 girls) and am fearful - hopeful? - that my husband will respond to suitors as you have! Good luck on the wedding and just think of the grandbabies you can spoil....
Actually I already have a (grandbaby) hope chest filled with stuff. I should probably stop beggin though for one....my grandkid could end up looking like his " father

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Boy, I just stumbled on this thread and I am so glad I did! This is the funniest one ever. You really should print that first post and frame it for her. FUNNY!

Not only print it ~ read it as my TOAST to the beautiful bride and

I'm laughing now.... but I have a 13 year old girl who has ignored all of my advice regarding the boys who have caught her eye. I probably won't be laughing for long.........
Sounds like your good days are behind you...I will keep you in my prayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
Gary, LOL, think of it as "I'm not losing a daughter, I'm gaining a son".

That was my POINT! LILLYBELLE ~

Much easier said than done. LOL.

It ain't over yet...I still have til next Saturday to have him ....ah.....never mind....TMI...and your DH is an officer of the law.

I have a 24 yr. old SD that is in all kinds of trouble. I'd glady take that fiance off your hands if you'd send him here to marry this SD.

OMG! YES! What is your address? Ding dong the with is gone, witch oh witch....

He sounds like great father material and there would be 2 loving little boys to help him adjust to fatherhood.

Oh, he is GREAT father material...for SOMEONE ELSES DAUGHTER!! He does love golf...that makes it a 4-some with your DH...let's talk!

LOL. I'll even send pic's if you want me to. LOL. (Just of the boys of course, as the mom is due with baby boy #3 anyday).

Facial shots will do.

Her relocation would be considered completely acceptable. LOL.

Wouldn't that just be "special" if they disappeared together?

Lol, congratulations on the upcoming marriage of your DD.
Thanks, Lilybelle...just keep rubbing it in
Old 05-20-2007, 11:46 AM   #26  
lilybelle

LOL, Gary my son watched me type that post and he was ROFL. We got quite a kick out of this. But, the offer still stands. SD does need a husband and a father for all the kids. (She hasn't quite caught onto the concept of Birth control yet).

Big bonus, DH loves to play golf, so he'd fit right in with that fiance'.

We don't give out our address, but just tell me where he's at and I'll pack her up and send her to you guys. LOL. I've had a lot of practice with packing, so she can be there in a jiffy.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:54 AM   #27  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
LOL, Gary my son watched me type that post and he was ROFL. We got quite a kick out of this. But, the offer still stands. SD does need a husband and a father for all the kids. (She hasn't quite caught onto the concept of Birth control yet).

Oh Lilybelle~Lilybelle...have you ever thought of showing SD's suitors her daddy's GUNS!?...just might fix the little tarts issue

Big bonus, DH loves to play golf, so he'd fit right in with that fiance'.

Reminds me of that show "PERFECT MATCH"!

We don't give out our address, but just tell me where he's at and I'll pack her up and send her to you guys.

Oh no I already HAVE a step-daughter!

LOL. I've had a lot of practice with packing, so she can be there in a jiffy.
With 3 diaper bags and her luggage, do you have to pay for the entire backseat in the Greyhound?

Glad I could brighten your DS's day...laughing at my pain...are all hillbillies like that?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:01 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Well, Gary, I was out of town when you posted this--attending a WEDDING!!!

Here's one way to stop the pending nuptials (this is a true story about the wedding I attended in Vegas).

Have the groom drive the bride to the bank to get some money for the marriage license. She'll be so flustered that she'll withdraw $500 and then leave her purse at the bank. The happy couple obliviously drives away and the blushing bride really starts to blush when she realizes that her purse is not in the car. The groom will turn around and return to the bank where it will be discovered that the purse is missing. Yup. The $500 is gone......along with all her ID. Did I mention that the couple is from California and we're in Nevada for the wedding? The happy couple returns to the car and drives to the marriage license office and they are turned away because the bride has no ID. Now, fast forward to the actual wedding for which many, many guests have driven or flown in to witness. The reception is planned, the food is being prepared, the flowers are in place and the member of the clergy now refuses to do the ceremony because there is no license. At this point, I'm not sure where they got this clergy person, but they did go through with the ceremony and the reception and only a very few of us knew that it was a farce. I guess they'll honeymoon, come home and get ID's and get the license and be "remarried" by a justice of the peace.....

Now I wonder which wedding anniversary they'll celebrate?

BTW, these aren't young, dumb kids. The husband is in the Navy and the wife has a degree in elementary education but works as an escrow officer. They're both over 30.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:29 PM   #29  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Gary - at least you aren't my dad. He has two kids...both daughters...getting married within 3 months of eachother. Two weddings, two toasts, and two fiances, with less than 100 days to recover in between.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:35 PM   #30  
lilybelle

Gary, LOL, when this SD had her very first date, DH was sitting there cleaning his guns when the young man arrived. They were going to a dance at the high school and DH drove them in his patrol car and walked inside with them. LOL. SD recounts this story to this day. I say he should never have stopped patrolling her dates. LOL

Truthfully though, SD and her husband are separated and awaiting the birth of this third baby to be able to get a divorce.

Allison, I had to laugh at your story. Very similar story as what happened when we went with SD and her then fiance' to Eureka Springs, AR to get married. She didn't have her driver's license and therefore couldn't get a marriage license. DH came up with the bright idea of calling the local police station that she worked at as a dispatcher and having them fax a copy of her drivers' license. Well, it worked. Looking back on it, we should have all just turned around and came home. Things might have turned out very differently in her life if DH hadn't intervened for her. It really was an Omen. As was the fact that her car broke down and she was late for her hair appt. and then when she got back to the hotel, it was storming and the electricity was out while we all got ready in the dark. Her own mother did not even make it to the ceremony. To top it all off, her marriage license came back wrong with her still listed as her maiden name.

Gary, that's not fair. You said "I already have a step-daughter", well, I have 4 of them, so we could at least share.