General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 11:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default Who upgraded to Vista?

If you hadn't yet, let me save you the headache, and tell you to wait another six months until Microsoft comes out with more driver updates, meaning Vista will be compatible with your programs and hardware. It's been a pain in the butt to go to have bought a brand new HP laptop and a HP printer and have them NOT be compatible because of Vista. Vista is also giving me some program default problems as well. And the more I talk to people, I just have the small problems. I'd really thoroughly research compatibility before I upgraded, especially if you have a lot of hardware you need to use with your computer (cameras, scanners, MP3 players, routers, etc) or if you have a lot of software programs you need to use. ALSO --- make sure you have enough space on your computer or Vista will have major problems. I think it's 1 GB.

And -- if you are having compatibility problems, head over to the manufacturer's (of the programs or hardware) website, and most of them have driver downloads. I know HP and Canon have them. I'm sure other sites have them as well.

Look what I found: a list of compatible software ~ Enjoy!!

http://www.iexbeta.com/wiki/index.ph...atibility_List
Old 04-22-2007, 11:18 PM   #2  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 288/275.3/134

Height: 5'4"

We upgraded on day 1 and have had no troubles....well except the occasional one. My hubby and I play World of Warcraft, and if we want to save screenshots, we have to run the game as administrator. I have an Ipod shuffle, and I'm still waiting to get the software again because there are known problems with compatibility. All in all, I like Vista....and I especially like the sidebar gadgets!
Old 04-22-2007, 11:37 PM   #3  

I actually really do like it, now that I solved all my issues with it. It's pretty nifty. The new interface (Aero) is awesome. Tne new sounds are better too. I forgot the whole administrator problem too. I haven't ran into any problems myself, but others have mentioned it to me.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:55 PM   #4  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 288/275.3/134

Height: 5'4"

What are your favorite gadgets? My husband has one that shows how long our computer has been up since it last restarted, and there's also one that shows the world population and the US population....that number has grown by 150 since 7:00 tonight.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:09 AM   #5  

I have the local weather on mine, a news ticker, and a photo album too. I haven't even looked through all of them yet -- that population one sounds pretty cool. I'm going to go check more of them out now.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:13 AM   #6  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

We've had Vista since the first of February and we love it, it's so fast! I also love the gadgets; we have the photo album, date and clock. When we first got the computer, we took it back to the Geek Squad to clean out everything and take it basically just down to the basics without all the junk trials and advertisements. I just hope it keeps running so good.
Closed Thread