General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 08:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Does anyone watch "What Not To Wear"?

I'm really liking it. One episode I watched recently really got me to thinkin' about wearing sweats toooo often!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/265/175

Height: 5'8

I watch it as much as possiable. I like that they teach the women to embrace their curves instead of hiding them under baggy clothes (I'm so guilty of that 90% of the time!)
Old 10-28-2006, 09:44 AM   #3  
Addicted to potato salad!

I like the BBC version with Trinny and Suzannah better. Stacy and Clinton seem MUCH more rude. Unnecessarily so.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:03 AM   #4  
ugggg.....

I like the BBC version better too. I prefer BBC's Changing Rooms over Trading Spaces too.

It made me look at my wardrobe too--I am slowly replacing pieces and some things just got tossed. I was definitly guilty of wearing the big and baggy not realizing how much bigger it does make you look. I do still wear some of my baggy sweaters in winter around the house--my poor hubby has to see me in them but he loves me anyway, well most of the time.....
Old 10-28-2006, 10:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

I LOVE that show. I'm glued to the couch the whole time they have a marathon running! It's so awesome!!

I'm still uncomfortable in my body, so no changes to the wardrobe now, but I certainly get ideas for when I'm thin and sexy!! I'm thinking about dressing badly when I lose all my weight just so they'll take me on the show! What do you think...former fat girl turned sexy, but still wearing tents to hide that hott bod!! I think it'd be a great show!!! Hahaha! J/K!!!

I haven't seen the BBC version.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:10 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I no longer have cable but one of my favorite shows was What not to wear. I also would watch the BBC show occasionally but I didn't like it as much. As for sweats, I don't even own a pair and I'd never wear them outside.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:18 PM   #7  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

I hate trinny and suzanna....but im glad the bbc dont use them in this current series they use 2 nicer girls who are more realistic, and actually go out and live the persons lives before they dress them so they understand them better. I dont agree with some of there impossing fashions.....but i do like the programme. funny watching my boyfriend get into it ' god she looks awfull in that dress' he could be gay but im ignoring that lol
Old 10-28-2006, 01:25 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

i am so addicted to that show. i'm pretty sure i've seen all of the american version. i am so guilty of some of those problems. but i think a lot of it has to do with where you live what is available to you. like for me if i really wanted to buy a good bra i would have to buy one online at it would cost me 50 bucks. so an ill fitted "bra in a box" it is for me. *LOL*
It would be so great to have 5K to spend somewhere that actually might have clothes that fit me. Funny how I know what I'd like to wear but I settle for ugly crap because of my size, budget, location etc.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife View Post
I like the BBC version with Trinny and Suzannah better. Stacy and Clinton seem MUCH more rude. Unnecessarily so.
They hoist women's boobs up manually and reach under their dresses to remove undergarments that offend them.

That ain't right.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:14 PM   #10  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

I like both versions just fine, but I only ever "HAVE" to watch the US version. I TIVO the new eps to make sure I don't miss any.

I just adore Clinton. Does anyone remember the first season when they had that horrible guy on there with Stacey? The guy with the ratty gray hair and horrible awful clothes. One thing you can say for Clinton... that man can dress, and that man looks good in clothes!

Old 10-31-2006, 04:30 PM   #11  
Addicted to potato salad!

Kateful: That's true...but maybe its the accents, but they seem to do it with dignity.

I remember that guy with the long hair with Stacy early on. I would SO love to have Nick Orrojo (I know, I misspelled it) do my hair. He's AWESOME!!

You know, the thing that bugs me about Clinton and Stacy is how they hunch over and sneak in on the people as they're shopping. Trinny and Suzannah do it sometimes, but S and C do it ALL the time.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 246.5/245.5/140

Height: 5'4

Smile

I love that show and it has really helped me with how I dress. I always thought I wasn't that bad of a dresser until I realized I am more like the "before" people than the "after." Even though I have quite a bit of weight to lose I am still changing up the way I dress. I have taken some of Clinton & Stacey's tips and I feel great!
Old 12-04-2006, 01:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Did anybody watch Lauri? She was quite short and in Human Resources some where ... oh Las Vegas. They found at her gym.

I had some trouble with this gal. She was either a drama queen or had super duper body image distortion. I got the impression she thought she could fix Stacey and Clinton. Take the five grand and do whatever she wanted.

Now, I'm sure they edit to make these folks seem as difficult as possible but ...
Old 12-04-2006, 02:13 PM   #14  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I remember scraggly guy!!

I really did think it was strange for somebody like him to be giving fashion advice!

I love Clinton, he's so cute and funny..they have a good chemistry together, although I don't like Stacey too much...a little shallow for me. BUT that's what makes the show fun.

Linda
Old 12-04-2006, 02:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Those "wake-up" clues are definitely helpful. I didn't have a lot of nice clothes when I was in high school and college. After college, I had a friend who casually mentioned one day that she would never wear sweats outside the house, and what a horrible habit that was. Needless to say, I didn't mention that I'd never thought twice about wearing sweats outside of the house (I'd done it quite a bit). However, I NEVER WORE SWEATS OUTSIDE AGAIN AND I'M BETTER OFF FOR IT! I'm glad I heard it somewhere relatively early on in life!
Closed Thread