3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   What are your hobbies? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/108463-what-your-hobbies.html)

southernleftylady 03-29-2007 09:11 AM

What are your hobbies?

I do cakes on the side and I also do parties....
I already have my boys next 2 birthday parties planned out lol
which is so funny because i am the most laid back person you have ever met... but the only thing im anal about is time.. im ALWAYS on time and my cakes/parties lol...
and besides those I collect gemstones... burma rubies, columbian emeralds that sorta thing :)
so what do you do for fun?

royalsfan1 03-29-2007 09:56 AM

Read, scrapbook, counted cross-stitch, baseball. Those are my hobbies.

rockinrobin 03-29-2007 10:10 AM

Exercise, reading up on nutrition, cooking and eating healthy meals, tracking my calories, 3FC. Notice a pattern here? That truly is my hobby right now. I'm completely obsessed with it, but in good way. I also love to decorate and keep a tidy home. I love to read. I also love shopping. I am a true shoppacholic. Clothes, things for the house and kitchen. Very bad.

lilybelle 03-29-2007 10:26 AM

My hobbies are reading, playing card games with my family, gardening, fishing, deer hunting, camping and walking. Also, for some strange reason, I like to mow the yard. I love going to our high school basketball, softball and football games even now when my kids aren't in sports anymore.

RidiculouslyAddicted 03-29-2007 10:31 AM

Stamping, reading, knitting, playing board/card games...

srmb60 03-29-2007 10:44 AM

I move from one to another. Right now, I'm playing with beading and making jewelry. Soon I'll be gardening.

and eating and exercise ;)

LakeGirl 03-29-2007 11:55 AM

Knitting, reading (I read chick lit...with kids, I just can't take on anything too deep!), writing, singing, theater. I'm also very obsessive about keeping a tidy home which is always a challenge with three males in the house!

mudbug 03-29-2007 12:17 PM

lilybelle, I too like to mow the yard!! I even get upset if my dh reaches for the mower, I do my best thinking and working out my fustrations on that machine :woohoo: I also like to scrapbook, garden, travel, biking, watching professional bike races, dh and I like to watch local racecar races.

Rhonda

midwife 03-29-2007 12:25 PM

Hobbies.....hmmmmm...reading usually, but now I am writing so I have had to stop my reading habit for now. Running, taekwondo, writers' groups for me. And then my kids' activities. My favorite entertainment is to watch my kids in their activities.

alinnell 03-29-2007 12:27 PM

My biggest hobby is reading but I also love cooking and finding new recipes to try (this is especially good since my kids are older and more open to try new things!!!)

lilybelle 03-29-2007 12:42 PM

Rhonda, I didn't think anyone but me would like to mow their yard. LOL. I think it's because it can be completed the same day and you get to see the beautiful work you've done.

Janny O 03-29-2007 03:05 PM

Yard mowing is AWESOME. My neighbor asked me if my DH had a medical condition because he never saw him cutting the grass. I told him he "wasn't allowed!" Now, the neighbor is MAD at me because a woman's lawn looks better than HIS......hehehehehe.

FrouFrou 03-29-2007 03:12 PM

Reading, listening to music, scrapbooking, sending cards, playing board games, yard work and walking.

I too love to mow! It's a great source of exercise and I love being outdoors. And I am excited because we just moved into a new house and have no yard yet. I look forward to the landscaping! Weirdo, I know, lol. My son did the yardwork until he went to Iraq. DH works so much I took it over so he wouldn't have to and have been doing it for about a year now.

These may not seem like hobbies per se but it's what I enjoy doing.

phantastica 03-29-2007 03:15 PM

My hobbies include fixing and breaking computers and related devices, drawing, reading (mostly nonfiction about technology and math), meeting new people, and now walking.

I'd consider chopping vegetables, cooking, and grocery shopping to be hobbies too, but they're more like a part-time job!

GatorgalstuckinGA 03-29-2007 04:49 PM

riding my horse, walking my dog, exercising, hiking, biking, and hanging out with friends.