General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 05:49 PM   #1  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Default "And then I went all Glory87 on him..."

So. I was perusing one of my other message boards, in particular a thread devoted to weightloss. A poster, specifically a guy poster, commented that we just need to suck it up and that he lost a lot of weight living off of Kix cereal, turkey and bread, and fruit juice and cut out all sugar (you see where he went wrong). He also said that he was very careful not to exceed 500 calories a day and how well that worked.

So I got all Glory87 on him.

What I mean by that is that I felt obligated to question him and suggest that it was bad idea to tell primarily women to go on a starvation diet and that Kix, bread, and fruit contain lots of sugar if that is your whole diet. Or something like that.

Well, to make a long story longer, I read my post and thought, "Wow, I went all glory87 on him". Not in a bad way by any means, but when Glory posts, her statements contain so much knowledge and common sense that it's really hard to argue with her. She's just stating the facts, ma'am, you know? I just wanted to thank Glory and all of you brilliant women for providing such a source of GOOD information. This site never ceases to truly amaze and inspire me.

You are changing the world, one crash diet at a time.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:54 PM   #2  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

I just wanted to commend you for setting that guy straight. What a loser. It is funny how certain attitudes begin to be associeated with certain posters. Some people just have such a great energy and determination in their posts its hard to not be changed by them. On that note, someday maybe I will climb a mountain too. Thanks for that inspiration.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:56 PM   #3  
Let's do this!

Of course, my first inclination was to call him a big poopie face stupid head, but that wouldn't have been very 3FC of me.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
So I got all Glory87 on him.

You've become famous, Glory!! Actually it is a huge compliment!

I think we ALL look at her story and her success and try to emulate her and pass her wisdom to others.

That guy was totally off his rocker. 500 calories. Gah!
Old 03-19-2007, 06:13 PM   #5  

Quote:
What I mean by that is that I felt obligated to question him and suggest that it was bad idea to tell primarily women to go on a starvation diet and that Kix, bread, and fruit contain lots of sugar if that is your whole diet.
But it would be a great idea to tell a board that's mostly men to live on Kix and bread?

I'm all for telling off, but I don't see a gender component in this one. (And now I want Berry Berry Kix. Do they still sell that?)
Old 03-19-2007, 06:20 PM   #6  
Let's do this!

Aboslutely. My line of thinking was that women are much more "at risk" for eating disorders and the thread has a lot of very young female posters around 15-20 years old (in fact, most of the posters in that particular thread are women in general). I guess it just bothered me that a guy who claimed to gain a bunch of muscle on 500 calories a day on a "no sugar diet" was telling mostly women that starvation diets work really well. He did call me on that, but only to tell me that I was using being female as an excuse to not lose weight.

And YES, they still sell berry kix. I always reach out for the box, but my SO always grabs the Kashi before I can object

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
But it would be a great idea to tell a board that's mostly men to live on Kix and bread?

I'm all for telling off, but I don't see a gender component in this one. (And now I want Berry Berry Kix. Do they still sell that?)
Old 03-19-2007, 09:09 PM   #7  
No description available.

The common sense, the focus on health and nutrition and excercise and moderation is what I love so much about 3FC. Plus all of those who have set and achieved goals. Glory and others are living proof that success is possible and that is a wonderful thing.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Ha...I'm all blushy! Thank you for the amazing compliment.
Closed Thread