All About Baseball!

You're on Page 1 of 41
Go to
  • OK ~ some of you gals have been asking about a baseball thread.

Here we go ~ A place to share our baseball stories ~

professional ~ little league ~ high school ~ college ~ anything related!

YES! EVEN SOFTBALL!

The above was written in DODGER BLUE!!
  • I am getting ready for church. I will be back, I have a lot of baseball in my blood!
  • I have my fantasy league draft today- I've got a good keeper infield - David Ortiz (fortunately he counts as a 1st baseman- thank you interleague play), Chase Utley, Jose Reyes and A-Rod (headcase but cant ditch the man).

I love baseball- My teams are in order:
    Mariners
    Anyone playing against the yankees
    Anyone playing Oakland
    Anyone playing Atlanta.
    Detroit
    RedSox
    Twins
    Wherever my fantasy players are...unless they play for the yankees in which case I want them to do well, but the yanks to still lose.
  • Well I knew nothing about baseball until I moved here 3 years ago. Not being an american I could never figure out what was going on. Now I'm a huge Cardinals fan. So many players on the Cards that I love.

My middle daughter plays softball and I never miss her games.
  • Baseball is THE ONLY pro sport that I follow and I love it. If anyone has a fantasy league of any sort and needs participants, let me know -- I am IN! p.s. my fantasy team won 1st place in the league I was in last season so watch out
  • I'm a baseball FREAK! Love it, love it, love it! My scorebook (just a spiral notebook) is purchased and ready for the 2007 season! I am working on which games I'll make in opening week.

ennay - my parents are in Seattle so I'm planning on getting to a few Mariners' games this summer! Can't wait! I've never been to Safeco before.

In fact, there are MANY stadiums I haven't been to. That is one of my goals in life (I know...shallow). I want to watch at least one game in each one. The only ones I've been to are Royals (obviously...hundreds of times!), old Cardinals, Braves, White Sox...then a couple of minor league....Memphis Redbirds and Omaha Royals. Minor league stadiums aren't in my goal....I just thought I'd throw them out there.

My favorite teams after the Royals are: hmmmm....good question! I DO HATE THE YANKEES, though. Just thought I'd lay that out on the table.

Thanks for the thread! This is gonna be fun!
  • Safeco field is awesome, and...ironically ...the best food in baseball. Actually for watching your weight it isnt bad either...there is so much selection beyond the typical ballpark food you CAN actually eat semi-decently....cheap NO.

I'd love to do a ballpark tour, but alas its tough with the little ones this little

GOOOD LORD how long does it take to pick your back up outfielder?
  • Quote: Well I knew nothing about baseball until I moved here 3 years ago. Not being an american I could never figure out what was going on. Now I'm a huge Cardinals fan. So many players on the Cards that I love.

My middle daughter plays softball and I never miss her games.
    My step-daughter finished her softball career when her senior year ended last year. We are missing the games already.

Quote: Baseball is THE ONLY pro sport that I follow and I love it. If anyone has a fantasy league of any sort and needs participants, let me know -- I am IN! p.s. my fantasy team won 1st place in the league I was in last season so watch out
    Good for you! My Fantasy league will show up soon!

Quote: I'm a baseball FREAK! Love it, love it, love it! My scorebook (just a spiral notebook) is purchased and ready for the 2007 season! I am working on which games I'll make in opening week.

ennay - my parents are in Seattle so I'm planning on getting to a few Mariners' games this summer! Can't wait! I've never been to Safeco before.

In fact, there are MANY stadiums I haven't been to. That is one of my goals in life (I know...shallow). I want to watch at least one game in each one. The only ones I've been to are Royals (obviously...hundreds of times!), old Cardinals, Braves, White Sox...then a couple of minor league....Memphis Redbirds and Omaha Royals. Minor league stadiums aren't in my goal....I just thought I'd throw them out there.

DODGER STADIUM ~ CHAVEZ RAVINE is awesome so is PETCO PARK home of our local padres

My favorite teams after the Royals are: hmmmm....good question! I DO HATE THE YANKEES, though. Just thought I'd lay that out on the table.

Thanks for the thread! This is gonna be fun!
    IT WILL BE FUN! We have a long season ahead of us!

Quote: Safeco field is awesome, and...ironically ...the best food in baseball.

EXCUSE ME? Have you ever had a DODGER DOG?

Actually for watching your weight it isnt bad either...there is so much selection beyond the typical ballpark food you CAN actually eat semi-decently....cheap NO.

I'd love to do a ballpark tour, but alas its tough with the little ones this little

Hide em in your bag

GOOOD LORD how long does it take to pick your back up outfielder?
    I dunno! I am still thinking about it...was gonna pick Britney but she has a reputation of dropping things...ie...her kid...panties...K-fed....
  • MY FANTASY TEAM ~ We don't win much...but we sure have fun in the clubhouse!

PAMELA ANDERSON ~ ALL AROUND VETERAN ~ Can cover any part of the field as well as record number of Playboy Covers!

JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT ~ Can give you a pair anytime!

TERI HATCHER ~ Another veteran ~ solid ~ DESPERATE for playing time!

PARIS HILTON ~ Covers...well under covers...most of the time ~ but usually makes you-tube highlights!

BRITNEY SPEARS ~ OK...so she drops a lot of things...the hair will grow back ~ should be solid off the bench after rehab assingment

JESSICA ALBA ~ A little class will pull this team together down the stretch!

DANICA PATRICK ~ SPEED baby SPEED!

MARIA SHARAPOVA ~ This girl can hit!

JESSICA SIMPSON ~ LONG legs and available ~ ready for second chance to star

ANGELA ~ The hottest second baseperson around! Had awesome moves back in the day ~ still can bring it when needed! Married to manager (ME!)
  • The ONLY ballpark food for me is a hotdog with ketchup. Period! Diet be dam#ed!!! hahaha

Every year my husband asks me what I want for my birthday dinner...and it's always a ballpark frank....so if the Redbirds are in town, that's exactly what I get!
  • This is OUR year!
    Quote: I have my fantasy league draft today- I've got a good keeper infield - David Ortiz (fortunately he counts as a 1st baseman- thank you interleague play), Chase Utley, Jose Reyes and A-Rod (headcase but cant ditch the man).

I love baseball- My teams are in order:
    Mariners
    Anyone playing against the yankees
    Anyone playing Oakland
    Anyone playing Atlanta.
    Detroit
    RedSox
    Twins
    Wherever my fantasy players are...unless they play for the yankees in which case I want them to do well, but the yanks to still lose.
    As I was saying to my DH this morning: "Any day when the Red Sox beat the Yankees , is a good day for me!!"
  • YAY!!!!! BASEBALL!!!!!! Love it!!!

So obviously my favorite team is the Colorado Rockies!!! Lived in Denver for 10 years and was able to go to a lot of games. So even though we didn't have many winning seasons, I got hooked. This year I think we have a chance though, lots of talent on the team!

I already have tickets bought and am planning my trip to Denver for opening day, and the next two games, since we'll be there anyways!! I can't wait. Opening day is so much fun!!

Besides the Rockies , I like the Cardinals, and the Phillies. I agree with Ennay and Royalsfan, I hate the Yankees!! I also hate the Dodgers!! Just kidding , but they're not my favorite. I tend to like certain players without really liking the team they play for, like Erick Byrnes. I love watching him play, but the Diamondbacks, not my favorite.

I also would love to do a ballpark tour. I've only been to Coor's Field, but there are many that look so pretty on TV, and others that would just be neat to go to for the history, like Wrigley's. Maybe someday when I'm rich!!

Thanks for the thread Gary. Lot's of fun!!
  • As you may have guessed the LOS ANGELES DODGERS are my favorite team. I also root for the ANGELS in the american league, I have tried to follow both but I just don't have the time.

And of course my second favorite team is ANYBODY playing the san francisco giants.

I live in San Diego County but grew up in Orange County California when I became a DODGER fan at age 9. My dad, originally a CUBS fan, being from Illinois, would take us to a game or two of the DODGERS each year and to the ANGELS games too. Back then the Angels played in DODGER STADIUM. We moved the summer between my 6th and 7th years of school to San Diego county, in 1969 the San Diego Padres professional team was born. I just couldn't leave my DODGERS! And it was just so much fun rooting against my friends!

I will pull for the ANGELS and I will pull for the CUBS (as long as their wins don't make a difference to the DODGERS) in memory of my dad's second favorite team.

Baseball has brought a lot of memories to my family. As the season goes on I am sure to get a chance to share some of mine with you.

Help keep this thread going if you gals are REALLY interested..okie-dokie?

Won't be long now...til we hear..."PLAY BALL!"
  • OOOHHH! I am sooo excited to have found this thread!! I LOVE baseball. I even got my DH hooked on it (he's not a sports person). I am a complete Cardinals fan!! You should see my office, aka the baseball shrine. We have lots of cards stuff and also D-backs stuff. I grew up with the cards and now am back in St Louis after being gone to AZ for 15 years. I am also a Diamonbacks fan since I did live there, but NOT a fan of their new colors, so it's good I've moved back home. There really is a huge difference between cards fans and D-back "fans." I am soo glad to be back home where baseball rules.
    But you will find a few Yankees items in my collection out of hommage to Lou Gherig. My father-in-law has Lou Gherig's disease. But I do hate the current Yankees.
    Also, I am not really good with players' names and stats. I am getting much better now that I am paying attention more since my DH loves it as much as I do. I just love the game. The ballpark!!!! Everything.
    Only 13 days till opening day here!!!!!!!
  • I even flew from AZ back to St Louis in 2005 to see games in the old stadium before they tore it down . And flew back in 2006 to see games in the new stadium, which was just as much fun as the old.