What's your favorite store?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • What is your favorite store? You know the one--the one you can't get out of without spending at least $50 when you really weren't shopping for anything. Sure, it could be a grocery store (but most people usually have a plan to go there before they do--not like you just popped in to see what is new), but perhaps it is something else.......What is your favorite store?
  • Since I started the thread, I think I'll have to answer first. Barnes & Noble. I rarely leave without buying at least one or two books, even though I have a dozen unread books on my nightstand.
    Secondly, it would be Target. DS loves to shop there and he'll ask me to take him. There won't be anything that I NEED, but I always seem to find something that I WANT!
  • Target. Because everything is relatively cheap, I feel like I can buy many things...but then they add up.

Also, old navy. Mostly because I always need new jeans. Always. And at Old Navy, I can consistently fit in one size lower than I am fitting everywhere else, and then I simply must purchase the lower-size.
  • Any book store is good if it has manga and kinky romance books. But I can't stop buying things when it comes to Suncoast or a Game Store. n___n
  • Borders/Barnes & Noble, Sur La Table/Williams Sonoma or Ann Taylor.

I usually just browse the bookstores though, I can no longer afford my book habit. I write down the author/titles of books that look interesting and then I put them on hold at my local library
  • "Don Smith's," is a warehouse overrun and liquidator store (they buy other store's stock when they are cleaning house or going out of business) like a privately owned "Big Lots."

Actually, I love ANY liquidator store or thrift store. I love the fact that I might find just about anything in these stores. My mother hates them because she rarely finds what she is "looking for," in these stores, but that is why I love them. They're perfect for those days you want to shop, but aren't shopping for anything in particular. "Treasure Hunting," means being open to possibilities.

I do have to be careful though, because I see "potential," in a lot of junk (I'm a crafter and love to reuse, recycle, and reform objects), and can end up taking stuff home I will never use (and periodically, redonate all of the "junk" I've accumulated to make room for more junk. Luckily (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) my husband and I live in a very small apartment, so I can only accumulate one room full (at least that is our "deal").
  • Costco. I simply go mad when I go there. For some reason, buying 1000 baggies seems like a REALLY good idea for some reason when I am in that store. Funny, but buying 1000 of anything never occurs to me until I walk in their doors. I have enough christmas decorations to decorate 3 houses now because they start putting stuff out in july and keep adding. CDs, DVDs, giant spice jars, big bags of splenda, enoug chicken to feed an army.. it never ends!
  • My 2 favourite are Target and Bath And Body Works. Can't go in either of them without buying anything.
  • Cost Plus/World Market= TROUBLE
  • Quote: Target. Because everything is relatively cheap, I feel like I can buy many things...but then they add up.

Also, old navy. Mostly because I always need new jeans. Always. And at Old Navy, I can consistently fit in one size lower than I am fitting everywhere else, and then I simply must purchase the lower-size.
    You just read my mind.......

I loooove Target because they have everything. I can spend hours in there.

and I loooove Old Navy because I love the way their clothes fits and it's just too comfortable.
  • Home Depot is probably the store of choice for Angie and I ~ seems we spend the most $$$ there monthly anyway!

We also call Costco the 600 Dollar Store ~ we never get out of there for less! Minimum trips were twice every three months last year. Since Ryan got married, Lara went away to college and Amanda spends most of the week in her fiance's grandparents condo, for school and work the trips and cost have gone down! Plus I have saved $$$ not having to stock the fridge with beer and snacks for Ryan's friends

Angie does like Target best of those types of stores.

Funny about Barnes and Noble ~ When Angie and I first met we were paying off our divorce bills, the economy was a little soft and I had just started getting back to work after severing my ACL ~ so for our date night we would go to I-HOP and use a 2 for 1 dinner coupon ~ go over to Barnes and Noble and just walk and talk and look at the books. We did that many times
  • Oh and I love OLD NAVY, now that you mention it, because of the cute flip-flops Angie gets there!
  • I have many.

Costco - I just bought a TV from there
    Target - DH and I browse through their often, buying stuff. They also usually have dark chocolate on sale.
    Barnes & Noble - located next to Target, the bargain section has some interesting books
    Macys/Lord & Taylor - awesome sales on clothes. I have a problem passing up cheap clothes

My preferences have changed over the years. Origins used to be "the store" for me. I love the smell of all their things.

Now I wouldn't say its "at least" $50 but it is something.
  • My favorite store out here is Wal-Mart. I don't get out of there for less than $50, even if I just stopped in for something really small. We DON'T have Target out here YET. I've had to "settle" for Walmart because since my husband got out of the Army National Guard I no longer have my ID and can't go shopping on base . I can sneak in on occasion w/my parents but those trips are few.

I also love Ross' Dress for Less. I don't care if something is last season cause I'm not exactly a fashionista (hence my penchant for Walmart ). I love finding bargains on brand name clothing for cheap for me and my son! Oh yeah, gotta love Macy's too. I make a beeline for the clearance racks first.
  • Quote:
    I also love Ross' Dress for Less. I don't care if something is last season cause I'm not exactly a fashionista (hence my penchant for Walmart ). I love finding bargains on brand name clothing for cheap for me and my son! Oh yeah, gotta love Macy's too. I make a beeline for the clearance racks first.
    I forgot about Ross. We don't have any here

That used to be a treat going out with my friends and shopping for hours. Carts full of stuff.