Does anyone make jewelry?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I think it looks like a fun hobby and a neat way to spiffy up a wardrobe. Anybody?
  • I make bracelets. I have a huge supply of beads and such, but I'm not too good at it and they eventually break. I have a box full of broken ones that need to be restrung. I've also made a few necklaces and earrings for DD (I don't like necklaces so much on me and I don't wear earrings).
  • I'm thinking memory wire would make amazing bracelets. Have you done that?
  • I haven't used memory wire, but I've done silk, ribbons, jute, nylon and that stretchy stuff. Most of the things that I've made that I like are the ones made with natural beads--pearls and rock chips.

I've also made some really cute bookmarks with beads at each end.
  • So many possibilities!
    There's a multi-strand pearl necklace in a book I got from the library. Beautiful! Rice pearls and other odd shapes!
  • Quote: So many possibilities!
    ..... and other odd shapes!
    Why yes there are Susan, I could start saving my beer bottle tops, they are kind of attractive ~ a red MILLER at the top..white GENUINE in the middle and a golden DRAFT at the bottom on a black background...very sexy! Can be used as earrings, I could string them together for a necklace...just let me know okie-dokie?
  • I make dichroic glass jewelry as well as other kinds too. Earrings, and necklaces are my specialties, but I make bracelets and rings also. Email me at [email protected] if i can help you.
  • I've gathered up a bunch of stuff and as soon as I do one or two other things around the house ... I'm going to fiddle a bit.

Tell us more Molly ... wanna post a picture or two?
    I went for a little scoot around town this afternoon and saw some nice things that someone is selling on consignment.
  • I have glue all over my hands. My nursing ring is glued to my finger. I glued my lobster claw shut.
    The necklace is pretty cute tho' ... I think I'll try wire
  • Because you had a bad day
    You're taking one down
    You sing a sad song just to turn it around
    You say you don't know
    You tell me don't lie
    You work at a smile and you go for a ride
    You had a bad day
    The camera don't lie
    You're coming back down and you really don't mind
    You had a bad day
    You had a bad day

• I'm not sure I've ever been serenaded for being a klutz before.
    Couldn't do anything with the beer cap but the guitar strings have possiblities.
  • I bought a beading magazine. Wow!
  • Imake braclets with fancy glass beads and im going to have a go at knecklaces soon. I make handmade cards too as im a bit of a crafter lol!
    Its good for you totally relaxing!
  • There used to be a crafters thread here somewhere. I wonder where it went.
  • I just got a catalogue from FireMountain Gems and Beads ... it's glorious!