3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Poll: what three foods... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/105888-poll-what-three-foods.html)

stacylambert 03-01-2007 01:37 AM

Bikini, you're better than me! I go with the #1! No spread though. Have any other socal'ers been to Tommy's? Just thinking of the chili burgers and fries makes my mouth water.

alinnell 03-01-2007 12:22 PM

OMG, DH tells me stories about Tommy's (I've never made it there myself).

DD has friends who go to In-N-Out and get a 4 by 4 animal style (that's 4 beef patties with extra sauce). She says it is disgusting to watch them eat them. I do say that their burgers are the best, though!

nelie 03-01-2007 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinnell (Post 1592732)
OMG, DH tells me stories about Tommy's (I've never made it there myself).

DD has friends who go to In-N-Out and get a 4 by 4 animal style (that's 4 beef patties with extra sauce). She says it is disgusting to watch them eat them. I do say that their burgers are the best, though!

Tommy's is disgusting! I never liked their burgers. Of course, I also don't think In-N-Out is anything either. My favorite burgers came from Spoon's (So Cal only I believe), Ruby's (mostly So Cal I believe) and Red Robin. Across the street from my college, we had Spoon's and In-N-Out and my choice was always Spoon's.

In California though, my weakness are taco shops! Carne Asada burritos! I literally gorge myself on mexican food when I visit because mexican food sucks outside of So Cal. I lived in Denver for a couple years, searched and searched for a good mexican place and never really found one. I found a couple that were "ok" but really subpar compared to So Cal. Here in Maryland, it is pretty much the same story. I deal with South American/Mexican fusion but really no good mexican food.

stacylambert 03-01-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelie (Post 1592862)
Tommy's is disgusting! I never liked their burgers. Of course, I also don't think In-N-Out is anything either.

I have to disagree with you there, they're both a weakness for me!

Clydegirl 03-01-2007 02:19 PM

1. def indian food

2.cadbury's chocolate from home

3.millionaire shortbread

Can you tell I miss home?

FrouFrou 03-01-2007 02:29 PM

OMG...did someone mentions Tommy's?! Soooo good!

I so miss living in CA...especially El Pollo Loco and pastrami! You cannot get pastrami anywhere like they fix it there. One day I will go back just to eat the foods I miss, lol!

Wolfena 03-01-2007 04:32 PM

Walnut Brownies
Chicken Parmesan
Pork Spare Ribs

:p

EZMONEY 03-01-2007 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelie (Post 1592862)
Tommy's is disgusting! WHAT!? I never liked their burgers.WHAT!? Of course, I also don't think In-N-Out is anything either.WHAT!? My favorite burgers came from Spoon's (So Cal only I believe), Ruby's (mostly So Cal I believe) and Red Robin.OK ~ these are good! Across the street from my college, we had Spoon's and In-N-Out and my choice was always Spoon's. WHAT!?

GOTTA BE ONE IN EVERY BUNCH ;)

In California though, my weakness are taco shops! Carne Asada burritos! OK~NOW WE'RE TALKIN'! I literally gorge myself on mexican food when I visit because mexican food sucks outside of So Cal. I lived in Denver for a couple years, searched and searched for a good mexican place and never really found one. I found a couple that were "ok" but really subpar compared to So Cal. Here in Maryland, it is pretty much the same story. I deal with South American/Mexican fusion but really no good mexican food.

Many of my friends and friends of friends/family have left California for various reasons...they ALL wanna come back for the burgers and Mexican food! Too expensive now though...:(

stacylambert 03-01-2007 07:39 PM

Hey Gary, speaking of mexican food, have you every been to the place on the corner of san marcos blvd and rancho santa fe? I can't remember what it's called but it looks like a train. It's in with Shell, Blockbuster, I think Albertson's. Best...shredded beef...ever. You have to try it sometime.

And yes I must admit Red Robin is very good. I usually get the crispy chicken burger there though.

EZMONEY 03-01-2007 07:58 PM

HEY STACY~ Angie and I are just getting ready to head to Hennessey's in Vista...I get a free dinner since it is my birthday week. I have eaten at that place with the train, I did get carna asada VERY GOOD! The last time at Red Robin I got a chicken sandwich on a bun with guacamole, honey mustard, red onion, lettuce and tomato and cheddar cheese. AWESOME! Have you tried Don Ernestos out by Palomar? for mexican? see ya.....

ennay 03-01-2007 09:02 PM

See the burger talk is definitely getting me going more than the sweets talk was

:drool: :drool:

Bikini Ready 03-01-2007 10:05 PM

So my last 3 choices were a hit, here are my 3 for today:
1. Seven layer cookies aka "magic cookies" (if you haven't had these you haven't lived!)
2. BJ's "The Works" pizza with extra cheese and garlic
3. Chili fries from The Hat

EZMONEY 03-01-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bikini Ready (Post 1593547)
So my last 3 choices were a hit, here are my 3 for today:
1. Seven layer cookies aka "magic cookies" (if you haven't had these you haven't lived!)
2. BJ's "The Works" pizza with extra cheese and garlic
3. Chili fries from The Hat

I dunno BIKINI ~ STACY and I are down here in North San Diego county ~ We do the PIZZA PORT ~ OGGI'S ~ here for pizza and ISLAND's for fries!

EZMONEY 03-01-2007 10:09 PM

oh...and by the way...STACY and I are "best" friends...but we have never met!

Bikini Ready 03-01-2007 10:17 PM

I've never heard of Oggi's but I have a friend who lives down in San Diego who will probably know so I will ask her which she prefers. The chili fries from the hat are just delicious my favorite part is they are thick cut fries and the chili is really chunky and the cheese is put on cold but because the chili is soooo temp hot it melts before your eyes and so you have to be patient to get to eat it so while they taste great I think the anticipation of waiting to get to eat them is the best part haha! Oh and I'm in southern OC so I'm only like 40 minutes from you two BFFs!