General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #16  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I lost a shoe size. I feel much more comfortable in heels now, and prefer the large clunky "younger" shoe styles for everyday wear. I've also noticed my feet have narrowed some. I used to have trouble finding wide enough shoes that fit me comfortably without slipping off my heel. Before I lost weight, I had taken to normally kicking my "flat" shoes off under my desk and letting my feet relax. Some days now, I don't even notice my shoes have been on for hours even just sitting at home.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:40 AM   #17  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Well, I did try on some shoes, but I just didn't find any that struck me as something I had to have. I do now wear an 8.5, instead of my old 9 - 9.5., but to be really comfortable, I still have to have a wide. That really narrows my choices. I'm not picky, but when you know that you only have a handful of shoes, it seems like I really have to find "the perfect pair", that will go with everything.

I'm beginning to think that I need to look online for cute wide shoes.

On a more positive note, I did buy a shirt (size large in the misses section) and a skirt (also in the misses section) and a pair of exercise pants.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:59 AM   #18  

Hope you all don't mind me butting in. I read in a book about plastic surgery that the average shoe size for women has gone up two sizes in the last thirty years. The average shoe size was 6 to 6.5. Now it's 8 to 8.5. It makes sense that you'd need bigger feet to help support more weight. I'm 180 pounds, five feet tall and usually wear size 6.5 and I'm always twisting my ankles. If my feet are going to get smaller as I lose weight I'll be shopping in the kid's shoes.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:31 AM   #19  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Re: wide widths

I did pick up a tip from a mag one time that I put to use and it worked well for me. Since my feet were wide with narrow heels, even getting tennies in a wide width sometimes meant my heel slipping out the back. I learned a trick on lacing that allows more room in the front. Instead of criss-crossing the laces, you run them straight up the holes on each side about 3 or 4 holes THEN start criss crossing. It looks weird, but it does give the front of the foot more room to move while keeping the heel snug in the shoe.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:03 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 163/146/135

Height: 5'4"

That's very interesting. I really haven't noticed a change in the size of my feet. I've always been 8.5-9 depending on the shoe.

Even if my feet got bigger, "cute" shoes are never on my list. I'm all about comfort.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:36 PM   #21  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

I have size 11 feet, plus they're pretty wide, and it sucks because most shoe stores only go up to 10. If I could go down to a 10 that would be fantastic because then I could shop at a lot more places.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #22  
Pending Email Confirmation

I'm a 7 1/2 usually - but finding a wide is tough. Whenever I can I just go to the little boys section, their shoes fit me better and I can get like a 6 1/2 or so in boys and they fit me better.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:10 AM   #23  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I found that I could actually walk in heels after I lost weight My feet don't get sore at all - although I don't go clubbing like I used to

Not sure if it's my feet or the shoes, but I have a couple of pairs of 7s mixed in with my 8s.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:33 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Warning!
Don't let the smaller feet thing go to your head! I just did a quick review at Ebay and I have 5 pairs of shoes coming!
Old 02-22-2007, 11:41 AM   #25  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

OK, I own upwards of 50 pairs of shoes, and thats AFTER the spring cleaning I've already done this year. I love, adore, and worship at the shoe god alter. It drives Matt batty that I keep all the boxes, with pictures, in color on the boxes, facing out and stars forbid one of those pictures come up missing.

I've always bought great shoes, boots etc. I see no reason to deprive the world and myself of great shoes on someone who appreciates them. That being said, I sincerely hope my shoe size goes down. Even at my smallest, I wore a size 10 narrow, now I wear a size 10, normal. PLease let my feet get smaller, I WANT new shoes, without the guilty, "The kids really could use....."
Closed Thread