What would you do - a clothing question

• Hello-
    I have a question regarding the purchase of a long black wool coat for myself. I went today to Marshall's to look for a long black wool coat-found a very nice one for $130.00-maybe more than I wanted to spend, but it fit very nicely. However, since January, 2000, I have lost 60 lbs.
    (many clothing sizes), and have about 30 lbs. to go until I get to goal. I know the weight loss has been slow, but I have faith that I will get there. The coat fit very nicely, and I bought it-the store has a 30 day return policy. I'm wondering if I should spend the money knowing the coat will most likely be too big next fal, or should I buy a smaller size-I'm not sure it would fit properly. Should I not buy it at all?
    What would you do? What do you suggest?
    I would appreciate your reply. Thanks.
  • Keep it. You need a coat this winter and might as well have a nice one!!!!

Next fall, when you are at your goal weight, perhaps you could donate the coat to someone who really needs it!!!!

Elaine
  • I agree, you should get it. Do something nice for yourself right now, you have a lot to celebrate after losing 60 pounds! Besides, you should always try to make yourself feel good now instead of putting it off until you reach goal. I think we all do that from time to time, but it isn't fair to ourselves.
  • GO BUY IT!! YOU DESERVE IT!
    WW CIN
  • Thank you for all of your replies!
    Actually, I did keep the coat, but I exchanged it for the next smaller size. After assessing the situation, I realized one of my concerns is that the coat would be WAY too big, so I tried it on in a size smaller, and it fit well. I even tried it on with a wool blazer under it and it was OK. I have decided to keep it, just need to figure out the money part of it-maybe it will be my XMAS gift this year!!
    Thanks again.