General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #16  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

So not really a fan of either the Colts or Bears so didn't see much of the game...only to check the score once in a while. But the few commercials I saw were a not so great. I thought the doritos one was kind of funny, and I liked the HRH (chevy) commercial...the old guy grossed me out though, lol!
Old 02-05-2007, 01:49 PM   #17  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

I liked the Bud lite chainsaw commercial and the Dalmation one. Not that the Dalmation one enticed me to want Budweiser.... it was just cute.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:18 AM   #18  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I loved the Blockbuster Mouse one. Too funny!!!
Old 02-06-2007, 03:26 PM   #19  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

The Bud commercial with the want-to-be dalmation was my favorite.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:25 PM   #20  
Pending Email Confirmation

rumor has it the snickers commercial has already been pulled. people were offended.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:39 PM   #21  

Isn't that ridiculous about the Snickers one offending somebody? "Somebody" should lighten up ... REALLY! It was hilarious ...
Old 02-07-2007, 08:27 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

If you think the Snickers commercial was funny...rent the movie PCU. HILARIOUS. It is all about the politically correct age...where everyone has their group, and everyone is so uptight about offending the next group, etc. I would also recommend the movie "Idiocrasy" as well-it is about how all of the idiots are outbreeding the intelligent people...and in 500 years our world is pretty much DUMB. Once again, not for hypersensitive people.

I agree that people need to lighten up. MAJORLY. You can't say or do anything anymore without offending someone's status, social group or personal beliefs-yet you can have a herpes medication on tv at 10am, and my kids ask me what the commercial is for. Make jokes about "me" all you want...I find having to explain what an "outbreak" is to my 5 year old the offensive thing.

But I digress...the Snickers commercial WAS funny!!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 07:44 PM   #23  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Do any of you remember that there was talk of a guy, on Super Bowl Sunday, that was going to propose to his girlfriend in an ad? I just read this on my Sports Illustrated site:

1. "Super" proposal update: Some of you may have wondered, as I did, whatever happened to the wedding proposal that was supposed to take place in a Super Bowl commercial. Well, that plan fell through when the company that was slated to pony up the $2.6 million for the ad time backed out, and CBS then decided not to run the proposal as an in-house ad. Instead, the man once known only as "J.P." -- he turns out to be a Seattle Internet marketing executive named Rand Fishkin -- borrowed $3,000 from his mother to buy time in the Seattle market during Tuesday night's showing of Veronica Mars, his beloved's favorite show. Thankfully, when Geraldine DeRuiter saw the proposal at 9:23 p.m. PT, she said yes. Congrats to the happy couple. You can find links to both the proposal and her response (a lot of "What?!... what?!... what?!" with a "yes" mixed in) here.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:48 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I didn't hear about the proposal thing, but there is now a second controversy over the Superbowl Commercials. Now anti suicide groups are trying to get GMC to pull their ad about the little robot that messed up at work (with the background music of "All By Myself."). Personally, I thought that one was so cute! And I thought the Snickers one was pretty funny although stupid in a man-kindof way with the way they pulled out their "chest hair."
Old 02-08-2007, 07:57 PM   #25  
Addicted to potato salad!

I liked the Doritos ad...the one with the CRUNCHY as he smashed his face in them, etc.

The mouse one was good, too...and the chainsaw/ax one

Personally, I felt dirty after the snickers ad...like I'd seen something I shouldn't have.

Anyone watch Prince at halftime? Did anyone else nearly choke on their illegal snacks when that curtain went up at the shadow with the formerly-known-as-prince shaped guitar...looking a lot like the urine sample scened in the Austin Powers movie?

And my husband wanted to know if Queer Eye for the Straight Guy planned the kickoff show. He was calling it the Fairy Bowl. He says, "BUTTERFLIES??? It's the SUPER BOWL!!" We watched the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet until it was done. Much more 'manly'...
Old 02-08-2007, 07:58 PM   #26  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I also heard that Snickers pulled the ad ~ It's time to "sack" up America! If it's funny then it's FUNNY...anyone that has "personal" problems with that ad has.. well...problems period in MHO! I will say it grossed me out though!! FUNNY but damn nasty!!
Old 02-08-2007, 08:05 PM   #27  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
I didn't hear about the proposal thing, but there is now a second controversy over the Superbowl Commercials. Now anti suicide groups are trying to get GMC to pull their ad about the little robot that messed up at work (with the background music of "All By Myself."). Personally, I thought that one was so cute! And I thought the Snickers one was pretty funny although stupid in a man-kindof way with the way they pulled out their "chest hair."
That is exactly what I am talking about Allison! A robot...a freakin robot can cause you to commit suicide...pretty sure there are OTHER ISSUES!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife View Post
I liked the Doritos ad...the one with the CRUNCHY as he smashed his face in them, etc.

The mouse one was good, too...and the chainsaw/ax one

Personally, I felt dirty after the snickers ad...like I'd seen something I shouldn't have.

ME TOO!

Anyone watch Prince at halftime? Did anyone else nearly choke on their illegal snacks when that curtain went up at the shadow with the formerly-known-as-prince shaped guitar...looking a lot like the urine sample scened in the Austin Powers movie?

My first thought was WOW...look at the size of that! Bet his "boyfriend" is happy!

And my husband wanted to know if Queer Eye for the Straight Guy planned the kickoff show. He was calling it the Fairy Bowl. He says, "BUTTERFLIES??? It's the SUPER BOWL!!" We watched the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet until it was done. Much more 'manly'...
Angie and I DVR'd the puppy bowl...saw some of it already!
Old 02-09-2007, 07:10 AM   #28  

EZMONEY-

Put up your dukes, them's fightin' words!!!

Prince is my man (has been since I was a kid)...and he is definitely "straight". He is just extremely comfortable with his sexuality, and knows what women like.

At least women like me, anyhow.

(Devoted fan since I was a child in the late 70's/early 80's.)
Old 02-09-2007, 09:21 AM   #29  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

APHIL ~ I FEEL FOR YOU, Why don't you just put on your PINK CASHMERE with your RASPBERRY BERET and just GO CRAZYin your LITTLE RED CORVETTE like you did in 1999! You know U GOT THE LOOK, but back then when the PURPLE RAIN came, it made the DOVES CRY.

APHIL I FEEL FOR YOU, WHY YOU WANNA TREAT ME SO BAD?
Old 02-09-2007, 09:40 AM   #30  

Aphil
Closed Thread