General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 01:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 / 180/ 160

Height: 5'8"

Default "I just drank a bottle of grease..."

Ok - no I did NOT...but that's what I just heard one of my co-workers (who swears she's "watching what she eats"...) just said.

two of my co-workers including the afformentioned just said, "Man, I feel like I just drank a bottle of grease, but that was good".

EW! they went to Rally's for lunch and brought back burgers and onion rings.

oh my god - seriously - my stomach is just turning over now that she said that.

All I have to say is - dang that spinach/chicken salad I brought from home was DELICIOUS!!! (no really - it was awesome!) and i'm satisfied and I'M not going to be the one in the bathroom all day now...lol
Old 01-25-2007, 02:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

I had a co-worker in Tennessee that was frustrated because the Slim-Fast diet wasn't working for her. She stated that she would drink a shake each morning with her eggs, bacon, hash browns, grits and biscuits and then another one with her BLT sandwich, fries and slice of cake at lunch. Then she was eating a sensible dinner of fried chicken, collards, black-eyed peas, yams and cornbread. It was all sensible eating because she didn't go back for seconds.

When I stopped laughing, I told her what she was doing wrong. She then gave up Slim-Fast but wasn't about to part with her southern-fried meals.

Tiki

Last edited by tikanique; 01-25-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:26 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

!!!! Slim Fast as a supplement! Dear me, the ideas we get sometimes.

As for the ladies saying they just drank a bottle of grease . . . sad thing is, they may think they are kidding! But they probably went over 1500 calories on that one meal alone. The burger was probably over 900.

It's SO EASY to eat more than you realize! Brrrrrrr! Good for you for staying with the spinach and chicken salad--it does sound yummy right now.

Jay
Old 01-25-2007, 09:24 PM   #4  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I had a co-worker in Tennessee that was frustrated because the Slim-Fast diet wasn't working for her. She stated that she would drink a shake each morning with her eggs, bacon, hash browns, grits and biscuits and then another one with her BLT sandwich, fries and slice of cake at lunch. Then she was eating a sensible dinner of fried chicken, collards, black-eyed peas, yams and cornbread. It was all sensible eating because she didn't go back for seconds.
hahahahah That is great!!
Old 01-26-2007, 05:29 PM   #5  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Height: 5'7"

Wow, we haven't had a Rally's here in years. From what I remember, yes..their food IS greasy, and loaded with calories.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/188/140

Height: 5'5"

Can you give the recipe for the spinach/chicken salad that you had? I just started dieting and am looking for good low-fat, healthy and most importantly, tasty food.
Thanks, Jennifer
Old 01-28-2007, 12:07 PM   #7  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikanique View Post
and ... Good grief what was she thinking??

BTW Hi Tiki long time no see
Old 01-29-2007, 09:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hello Ilene, my Queen (yes I still pay allegiance to Your Majesty, the Queen of Cardio!) All is well in the land of Michigan.

Forgot who posted about Rally's but they have been replaced in my area with Checkers. I used to eat 3 meals a day there when I was pregnant with my second child. I craved their chili hotdogs with red onions. Now I avoid that place like the plague. Thinking about their food makes me nauseous because I ate so much of it for 8 months!

Tiki
Old 01-29-2007, 12:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220 / 180/ 160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostblackcat View Post
Can you give the recipe for the spinach/chicken salad that you had? I just started dieting and am looking for good low-fat, healthy and most importantly, tasty food.
Thanks, Jennifer
Really, it's just very simple:
included are my weight watcher points

Fresh Spinach Leaves - however much you desire... - 0 pts
1 tbsp low sodium sunflower seeds - 1 pt
1/8 cup parmasan cheese - 1 pt
Cucumbers, green peppers, peas, celery - 1 pt (for the peas)
2 tbsp Just2Good Ranch Dressing - 1 pt
1 two oz chicken breast - grilled and cut into strips - (i eat the chicken warm in the salad) - 2 pts

6 pts (about 250/275 calories give or take...)

put it all in a bowl with a lid - seal the lid - shake the bowl for the "tossed" salad - enjoy!
Closed Thread