General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 08:23 AM   #241  
Ilene the Bean

I agree about Jordin's performance, it was not good...
Old 03-28-2007, 10:42 AM   #242  
Losin' it forever!

I thought Jordin sang really well, though I was not crazy about her song choice.

Sanjaya and the hair...there are just no words....
Old 03-28-2007, 11:12 AM   #243  
Ilene the Bean

I think Sanjaya is actually trying to get voted off, even HE can't believe his luck, and LUCK is all it is, because he has NO talent...
Old 03-28-2007, 11:31 AM   #244  
Starting Over...again

S/C/G: 210/210/190

Height: 5'9"

I've been a strong Melinda supporter all the way, I really like Gina, but I'm starting to be swayed by Blake. I really liked last weeks performance by him. This week was good too but last week was better.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:39 PM   #245  
Addicted to potato salad!

My absolute favorite is Blake. Has been from the start. Melinda and LaKisha are wonderful and I really like Gina for her 'different-ness'. I don't remember any other contestants in the past quite like her.

My first reaction to Sanjaya was that he was mocking the show and his continued presence there. But I don't really think he's that malicious, so I continue to think he's just an untalented airhead. On the other hand, I like him there because he adds some comic relief to a rather drab and dull year on AI.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:26 PM   #246  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
..... my bottom choice for the evening is definitely Haley. I never thought she belonged this far in the competition anyway,

Oh JILLY, I bet you say that about all "MY GIRLS"

and this week's performance was agonizingly boring.

Out of town and missed it, what did she wear?

But, I'm sure the Garys of the world would rather vote on skirt length....

And the problem with that is.....?

..she is the only cookie-cutter Barbie-esque girl left, so I guess the folks who like that will keep voting for her.

We can only hope and pray for justice, truth and the American Idol way!

HEY JILLY ~ You make me sound so superficial and shallow. I'm so hurt, to ease my pain I think I'll go read my Guideposts magazine that came today, it has Kellie Pickler on the cover with the story "RAISED BY AN ANGEL" inside...and a really cute picture of her too!

Now off to pay my friends to vote for HALEY
Old 03-28-2007, 07:28 PM   #247  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

vote For Haley ~ She Is Worthy Of Idol~ness!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:16 PM   #248  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Sanjaya survives another week. Tony Bennett next week will he come on with gray hair?

Haley made it through as well Gary. Wonder what she will wear?

I reckon we have a few more weeks to put up with Sanjaya then he will get his packing orders.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:32 PM   #249  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thanks for the update CLYDEGIRL! it saves me from having to watch in Pacific Time!!
Old 03-28-2007, 11:34 PM   #250  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Thanks for the update CLYDEGIRL! it saves me from having to watch in Pacific Time!!
Yikes I'm sorry, didn't think that the west coast people hadn't seen it yet.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:19 AM   #251  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I think Chris shouldn't have been sent home yet. He's got a real good voice.

I can't believe they're going with Tony Bennett songs next week. *yawn*. How unexciting can you get? Don't get me wrong I like the guy, but an hours worth of young people singing his stuff? I just don't get it.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:26 AM   #252  
Walking Off The Pounds

Talking Hi

Gary - What are you doing over here bothering these poor people with your Kellie Pickler and short skirt attitudes???

Just yankin' your chain buddy. . . I also liked Chris, didn't see Tuesday nite but apparently his timing was off, don't really have a favorite as yet, the rocker chick is pretty good but yet Sanjaya is 'interesting' remember his try-out with his sister trying out too, would have been interesting to see both of them compete against each other. .

Tony Bennett will be good, if you recall he seems to be relating to the younger generation since his recent comeback of a couple years ago. . we'll see. As for now, - just waiting for next week's show
-Margie B.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:51 AM   #253  
Losin' it forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
I think Chris shouldn't have been sent home yet. He's got a real good voice.

I can't believe they're going with Tony Bennett songs next week. *yawn*. How unexciting can you get? Don't get me wrong I like the guy, but an hours worth of young people singing his stuff? I just don't get it.
I so agree that Chris should not have gone home! He had an issue picking songs, but he at least had some initiative for reworking a song and a great voice!

What floors me about Tony Bennett is that Simon is always complaining that they do songs too old for them! How are they getting around this one? Reworking a song is touch and go as at times the judges say "That is not a song to be messed with" and in the next breath "That was a bit copycat if you ask me." They can't have it both ways!
Old 03-29-2007, 02:35 PM   #254  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeGirl View Post
Reworking a song is touch and go as at times the judges say "That is not a song to be messed with" and in the next breath "That was a bit copycat if you ask me." They can't have it both ways!
haha, ahh, the two-faced judges...gotta love them. I especially love it when one week, a contestant will sing something you'd expect that person to sing, and the judges say it's "predictable" and "boring" and that they should "take more risks!" Then they come out and sing something way out of their comfort zone the next week, and the judges tell them they shouldn't have done that and should have stuck with what worked for them
Old 03-29-2007, 04:17 PM   #255  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I felt bad for Chris Sligh because overall, he has a much stronger voice than Hayley. Sanjaya shouldn't even be a contender but we all know why he is still in it, thank you for skewing the results VFTW. I think Hayley and then Sanjaya will be next to go.

My parents are into Tony Bennett so they are looking forward to next weeks show. We were kicking around ideas about what songs they could do. One song that comes to mind is It Don't Mean a Thing (If it ain't got that swing) sung by Blake, I'd love to hear him do it and put a beat box spin to it

I know Melinda and Lakisha will knock it out of the park if they make the right song selections.
Closed Thread