3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   American Idol (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/102319-american-idol.html)

melekalikimaka 01-24-2007 07:05 PM

That Castro guy actually had a nice face under all that hair. I'm betting he cleans up real nice. There was a lot of weirdness in TN but not as much as Seattle!

EZMONEY 01-24-2007 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techwife (Post 1545507)
Sundance and the back up singer WERE great!! I liked them both. I'm not a huge fan of the audition phase...I'm like Suzanne. But I watch them, just the same, for the good auditions to pick early favorites for the finals. I remember Gary's favorite, Kelly, last year adn picked her right away...then I found out she's not the cute innocent she claimed to be.

SO! :carrot:

But...have to admit...we have her CD adn my six-year-old son listens to her sing every night while goign to bed singing about her red high heels! It's the only contestant's CD we have from the season. Its not bad. But, Kyle likes girls with long, straight, blond hair. He's just like Dad.

TECH, IS IT TRUE ALL THE MEN IN YOUR FAMILY HAVE GOOD TASTE?

Anyhow...tonight is NYC, I think. THAT should be a good show.

I SAW THE SUNDANCE GUY ~ VERY GOOD...THEN WENT TO BED SO I MISSED THE REST.

NurseMichelle 01-25-2007 05:43 AM

I liked Sundance too, cute name, I also liked how he said before his audition that the judges would LOOK at him and not think much but they would be blown away by what came out of his mouth....DH groaned and said, "oh he won't be any good then"...then to hear he came from a talented family (his dad had a hit that got knocked out by the Beatles?) really set him up, but WOW I liked him.

I also thought the background singer was cute, and she was really CUTE...I hope to see her come out of her shell more though, the bashful might wear on me, like she was so comfortable in her own voice. Quite a singer.

The Castro guy blew me away too! I liked his look and his voice. Can't wait to see more of him.

Oh and was I the ONLY one who like the male cheerleader? I thought he was good enough, not THE ONE, but at least I thought he'd make it to the next, and I thought Paula would be into him, she likes the R&B types.

I also thought that one girl who made it to Hollywood twice before should have gone again, though, she HAD her chance, TWO in fact. Then she got all drama queen on there and turned me OFF....

I still have about an hour of last night's show to watch from DVR.

Oh and the brother/sister duo were a couple of cuties, nice faces, nice teeth, good voices...curious to watch them go.

OMG I was surprised that the one guy got on there before his audition, he was okay looking, warning us that his song was going to be SO EMOTIONAL, that he wanted to sing this song because he and his girl had problems but they were okay now, and he just wanted to go on and POUR his heart out, and he got in there and started WHAT! Rapping? talking? He was lousy! And I thought he might actually be pretty good. Oh dear goodness.

Poor Topher, getting on there and talking about his wife leaving him, calling her names on TV, he wasn't terrible, but no way he was moving on. And his dreams that she would want him back once he made AI...I just thought he was darling. In fact, our local radio station had him on their show the next morning, nice guy, humble, sweet....

The guy who had the new baby the morning of the auditions, that was a cute story, I thought his first song started out ROUGH, I cringed! Then he turned it around, piqued my curiousity, and his quick Marvin Gaye was a little rough but it they work with him, I think he could be pretty good. Cute wife and babies. It did remind me a bit of Daughtry's into last year, being the cute guy and sweet husband. But still.

Oh, I've got more....I just need to try to sleep...it is 5:45 am, darn insomnia anyways. LOL

LaBonita 01-25-2007 02:08 PM

I LOVE Simon's reactions sometimes. Last night especially when the drama queen came on (and they cued the soap opera music).

"If you just give a chance to let America see me, they'll love me..."

Then Simon chimes in "well we're Americans and we don't like you."

LOL! It was harsh, don't get me wrong, but I couldn't help but laugh because it was such a funny comment. Then when she left, I loved how he said "Oh for God's sake". Simon's the best. I hate him at times, yet I love him at other times.

I still feel like we still haven't seen "The One". Maybe they didn't show their audition. I love (sarcasm) how they show 2 good ones, and then at the end of the show you hear there's like 30 of them....well I would have liked to hear them sing!!

techwife 01-25-2007 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBonita (Post 1546736)
I love (sarcasm) how they show 2 good ones, and then at the end of the show you hear there's like 30 of them....well I would have liked to hear them sing!!

I KNOW!! It makes me mad they purposely put on the total freaks for two hours when we could have seen some better talent. Makes me not want to watch at all...

melekalikimaka 01-25-2007 02:54 PM

I didn't get to watch too much of last night's show since I had an evening meeting, but I just love how Simon says yes really quickly to those who are kind of quirky, you know the ones you think he will totally hate? He says yes just because Paul and Randy are wavering. Then he says no to some I think should've gone on when Randy and Paula are raving about them. That's entertainment. I love Simon!

EZMONEY 01-29-2007 08:00 PM

HEY JILLYBEAN Chris Daughtry is playing 10 miles away from me tonight. They were giving away tickets on the radio ~ I thought of you! :hug:

Clydegirl 01-30-2007 11:35 PM

Birmingham Alabama tonight. Some good ones. I really liked Chris the guy who sang "Kiss From A Rose".
What was Paula on tonight?

EZMONEY 01-31-2007 12:22 AM

OK ~ so some of you know that I usually pick the blonde bimbos as my favorites ~ that being said and out in the open ~ I will have to say that on tonight's show the girl Jamie, with the dad that shot himself, is the breast I have ever seen. My favorite to win (for now) ;)

melekalikimaka 01-31-2007 05:42 AM

We know that was no Freudian (nip) slip, right Gary? :s: I knew you were going to root for that one, I just knew it. At least this one is a teeny bit better looking than the last one, the voice is just as grating to me, but I will just have to mute the TV set when she comes on. :lol:

I liked that guy who sang that Michael Jackson song, the one that Simon put right through and the one Paula said was off-key, but then, what does she really know about singing in tune? His voice reminded me of Jeffrey Osbourne and I'm usually more critical at home in my living room than Simon is at the live audition.

Clydegirl 02-01-2007 09:19 AM

Last night the older man whose wife died very touching .

The rest of the show was dire.

lilybelle 02-01-2007 09:23 AM

I love this show. It was so sad about the man who's wife had just died. It put me to tears. I'm glad he got to sing.

Rolly 02-01-2007 12:43 PM

I like that at the end of the show the manthat lost his wife said "I won"

I thought that was really touching!

alinnell 02-01-2007 12:55 PM

I'm so bummed, I missed last night's show. The TV repairman came and $800 later the TV was working. I turned it off and went to work. After work, I turned it on and got audio and no video. DH checked all the connections, etc. to no avail. Looks like I'll be TV-less for the super bowl as the repair company only has techs out our way on Wednesdays.....

techwife 02-01-2007 01:01 PM

The old guy was the best part of the show!! I liked how Simon showed a tiny bit of gentleman and asked to shake his hand...I would have been bawling if I'd been in the room. Olivia Newton John had to have been touched by it, as well, as she's had her own battle with cancer.

Anyhow...I like taping the shows and then watching them the next day so I can fast forward thought the embarassing auditions. If I hear off-key notes, I just fast forward to the next audition because I am getting sick and tired of the rude comments and the dramatic exits of some of the contestants. I swear, most of those people are acting...no tears...just drama. I felt really bad for the girl with the long hair. She had a great 'church voice'...but not an "idol voice" and you could tell it broke her heart to not go to Hollywood. She would have been eaten alive there.

Okay...C-ya's later!