General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #46  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBigMonsterMomma View Post
Beer, oddly enough, is a galactagogue, but overall I'd much rather have oatmeal. .
It's the brewers yeast..guinness is a galactagogue as are most microbrews, but the p*ss water that most american breweries pass off as "beer" aren't, they've been pasteurized and filtered and the yeast is dead dead dead.

I dont know if I would even qualify as a "social" drinker, because I dont drink at parties or social events, I will have an occasional (only if they have a dark beer on a nitro tap) beer with dinner. I am an extreme beer snob, IF I drink it has to be high quality and for the taste, After 1/2 beer, the taste becomes less relevant, so why have more?
Old 01-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #47  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Barrie, thank God you're alive and well. That is a horrendous story.

I know nothing of microbrews and am pretty ignorant on the subject of beer, but I love me some coffee
Old 01-16-2007, 04:55 PM   #48  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Barrie, WOW! What a horrible thing to endure... you must be a very strong person. I'm glad you met your hubby though!

Coffee vs. tea; if I have to drink it straight, I'll take tea, but I prefer the coffee power caffeine hook-up most days I doubt I will ever master drinking coffee black. UGH. But a latte, well, that's a different story for this wussy chick.

Favorite tea = definitely Earl Grey. Mmm... When my mom was out working some nights, my dad would make me and my sister tea with milk and sugar, to go with our omelettes or mac-n-cheese heh! To make it a healthy meal, we'd get a tablespoon or so of vegetables to be able to say we ate some if we had to give a mom report Somehow I never got scurvy or beriberi, and I managed to grow pretty tall (5'8") heh!
Old 01-16-2007, 10:18 PM   #49  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
but if I don't like something the first time I try it, why would I keep forcing myself to have it until I like it?
LOL! That's kinda what I've asked my mom everytime she pushes me to try Blue Cheese over and over again. She said it grows on you, but why the heck would someone keep eating something that grows on them just to see if it will grow??? Now I kinda did that with yogurt. I kept sampling different brands to find one I could stand, but only because yogurt is GOOD for you and I was trying to change my eating habits. Well, in the process of looking for a brand I could stand, it "grew" on me. I like all yogurts now. But I wouldn't have been trying them just to get used to them, that was just a side effect of trying to find a good one. LOL

My daughter tried to get me to taste her "latte" the other day. Me: "I don't drink coffee...you know that." Her: "This is latte." Me: "Yeah...fancy name for coffee. It's STILL coffee!" Her: "This is better than coffee." Me: "Get that coffee outta my face or I gonna pour it over youse head."
Closed Thread