3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Booked my Honeymoon - SO EXCITED. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/101569-booked-my-honeymoon-so-excited.html)

mandalinn82 01-08-2007 01:44 PM

Booked my Honeymoon - SO EXCITED.

As if I needed more motivation on the weight loss front (I've already got the prospect of being in a strapless wedding gown with thousands of pictures being snapped...), my honeymoon will have me in a swimsuit much of the time. But its -exactly- what we were looking for, right down to the itinerary, starting port, and length.

I'm going on a 10 night cruise of the Mexican Riviera, departing the day after my wedding from SF (which is where we'll be staying on the wedding night, so its PERFECT). 3 at-sea days to chill and decompress from the wedding stress, followed by stops in Acapulco, Ixtapa, Puerto Vallarta, and Cabo. A mini-suite with a private balcony to watch the waves go by...and one of the biggest fitness areas at sea, including four pools PLUS an infinity lap pool, a jogging track, a huge cardio area, and yoga/spinning/pilates classes.

I just needed to spread the excitement, as I am thrilled to have this detail nailed down (we had some difficulty planning this, but apparently we just needed to find the right trip). Its sort of funny, we are 24 but act like we're in our early 40's, so the ship with its older crowd is perfect for us (not only will we not be surrounded by perfect 20-year-old bodies in bikinis, but the ship offers all kinds of things oriented to the older crowds, like cooking and wine tasting classes...two of my favorite things!).

:carrot: Swimsuit here I come :carrot:

FrouFrou 01-08-2007 02:04 PM

I'm excited for you! You guys are going to have an awesome time and I think I am a little jealous. And...what a great motivation for losing weight!

Rosario 01-08-2007 02:09 PM

you lucky girl, you. I'm jealous too!!! Good luck!

NotTheCheat 01-08-2007 02:12 PM

Congratulations - that sounds absolutely fantastic!!!

midwife 01-08-2007 02:25 PM

Sounds amazing!!

Michelle 01-08-2007 02:41 PM

:congrat: :woohoo: That sounds like SO much fun, and you will be beautiful!!!;)

melekalikimaka 01-08-2007 02:42 PM

That sounds sooooo relaxing and romantic, you'll have a fabulous time. As for the biggest fitness area at sea, remember you're on your honeymoon--indoor sports burn lots of calories too :devil: Thanks for sharing the excitement! :goodvibes:

rockinrobin 01-08-2007 04:08 PM

Wow. That sounds perfect, really, really perfect. Enjoy!!!! Congratulations and good luck to you.

mandalinn82 01-08-2007 04:37 PM

Its so weird that I'm obsessing about the fitness area. But come on! All of the ellipticals have OCEAN VIEWS.

And also, I'll need the exercise to compensate for the food. For $100, they send out a private butler to serve you dinner on your private balcony...5 courses...not to mention the specialty restaurants and basically unlimited 24 hour food onboard.

And the "indoor sports" will help compensate some as well.

I want it to be April! Its so freaking cold here...supposedly the average temp in Mexico on the dates we're going is a sunny 85. It was 30 here this morning!

Clydegirl 01-08-2007 05:05 PM

That sounds really perfect. I would love to do a cruise at the moment and just relax.

alinnell 01-08-2007 05:23 PM

Congrats! You will have a wonderful time. I've been on many cruises and I really prefer the laid back ones that cater to the older crowds. I don't particularly like the "fun ships" and the "party ships". And 10 days is the perfect length! 7 is just too short and 14 gets to be a bit long (either you have to do laundry or pack way too many pairs of panties!).

Funny thing I found on my cruises~despite all the wonderful food, I didn't gain! I tasted some wonderful cuisine and delish desserts, but limited myself to the really different choices. I figured I can get scrambled eggs at home, why eat them on a cruise? So I'd have the eggs Benedict, but with fruit on the side and somehow I managed to make it without gaining. Perhaps it was because I was so conscious of what I was eating and I often didn't clean my plate, but sampled all that I wanted to. Oh, and I **looked** at the midnight buffet rather than partook of it!

WaterRat 01-08-2007 05:29 PM

This sounds like a super way to spend honeymoon! I loved the one cruise I've been on, but DH is not interested in taking one at all. (The one I did was with 3 GFs) I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time, and watching the water from the elliptical sounds great.

EZMONEY 01-08-2007 10:41 PM

:congrat: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :congrat: