3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   What Kind Of Music Do You Listen To? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/101316-what-kind-music-do-you-listen.html)

tweetyandme 01-05-2007 09:04 PM

What Kind Of Music Do You Listen To?

All of us have different tastes in the way of music. What do you like to listen to mostly? What singers/bands/groups/songs do you like the best? Let's see have much our music choices vary! :carrot:

I like soft rock, classic rock, and some country from the 90's.

Some of my favorites are :

Don Henley, Kansas, Faith Hill (early stuff),
Heart, Toto, Tim McGraw (early stuff),
The Eagles, Boston, John Micheal Montgomery,
Aerosmith, Chicago, Forgeiner,
Cheap Trick, Restless Heart, Journey,
Travis Tritt, Little Texas, Steve Winwood,

I'll name some more later......................

Hpnotq 01-05-2007 09:13 PM

I'll listen to just about anything. I'm listening to my husband's new Microsoft Zune right now, and on my playlist are groups like Megadeth, Metallica, Eminem, S.W.I.L.L, Bret Michaels, Poison, Skynyrd etc.

Sassy_Chick 01-05-2007 09:58 PM

I like a little bit of everything.

Some of my fav's:

Kenny Chesney :drool:, 80's/90's music, "Big Hair Bands" from the 80's, Ozzy, Rob Zombie, Godsmack, some rap music, I also like Enya for relaxing and my MIL recently discovered ll Divo, which is very unique and kind of a nice change to listen to every once in a while. I know I like a lot more, but that is a few. ;)

Kim_Star060404 01-05-2007 10:07 PM

I'll pretty much give anything a try, but here's my favs:

I'm most into Indie sounds and local singer/songwriters. My favs are Stephanie Briggs and Claire Cunningham.

I'm addicted to 311 and listen to it pretty much constantly.

The only thing DH and I can listen to that we agree on is Texas Country. Our favs are Kevin Fowler, Cooder Graw, Larry Joe Taylor, Gary P Nunn, Rodger Wilko, Uncertain (DH's college band), and the king of Texas music; Chris Ledoux!

Finally, I love listening to all the old love songs from Patsy Cline to Willie Nelson; Al Green to Teddy Pendergrass!

lizziness 01-05-2007 11:40 PM

I'm pretty much all over the place in my taste, anything but country or rap. Love my alternative and metal/hard rock from the mid 90's... but also like mellow stuff. Listen to a lot of Celtic inspired musicians and just strange things like Lords of Acid and Flogging Molly. I've been listening to a lot of Loreena McKennit lately.

Was a total Manson head in highschool. That was fun... but too much manson will make you crabby. :)

chick_in_the_hat 01-06-2007 12:10 AM

Jackie Greene, Minor Threat, Arlo Guthrie, Ozomatli, Proyecto Akwid, BB King, Offspring, Peter Tosh, Beastie Boys, Santana, John Mayer, Maldita Vecindad, Might Mighty Bosstones, Style Council, English Beat, Eric Clapton....in no particular order....except Jackie who comes first! He is a local artist.

Michelle 01-06-2007 10:09 PM

I like 60/70s music and country:D :p

Irishowl 01-06-2007 10:22 PM

KD Lang, Melissa Ethridge, John Mayer, Josh Groban, Santana, U2, Annie Lennox, Aerosmith, Alicia Keys, Alison Krauss, Andrea Bocelli, Dido, Black Eyed Peas, Eminem, Eva Cassidy, Indigo Girls, James Taylor, KT Tunstall, Luther Vandross, Norah Jones, Pink, Sting, Tori Amos, Cher, Springsteen, Elton John, Enya...........a little bit of everything!

tweetyandme 01-07-2007 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishowl (Post 1519875)
KD Lang, Melissa Ethridge, John Mayer, Josh Groban, Santana, U2, Annie Lennox, Aerosmith, Alicia Keys, Alison Krauss, Andrea Bocelli, Dido, Black Eyed Peas, Eminem, Eva Cassidy, Indigo Girls, James Taylor, KT Tunstall, Luther Vandross, Norah Jones, Pink, Sting, Tori Amos, Cher, Springsteen, Elton John, Enya...........a little bit of everything!

I LOVE James Taylor, Cher, some of pinks early stuff, and Luther Vandross!

PinkyPie 01-07-2007 09:50 AM

I'm an electronic music junkie, mostly stuck in the 80's. My favourite band is Depeche Mode :)

So, it's Depeche Mode, Camouflage, Ultravox, Human League, New Order, Ministry... then we get more modern and rocky- Rammstein, PJ Harvey, Queens of the Stone Age, Foo Fighters, Placebo, Marilyn Manson... then more poppy like Madonna (always been a fan of her), Kylie Minogue, Pink

I like music in general and can pretty much find something "good" in all different types. I played the violin for almost 10 years and love classical music as well. I like chilled out lounge tunes, rock stuff, even some country. I love 50's music, Elvis, Rockabilly, Patsy Cline and even disco stuff!

eightbitgirl 01-07-2007 10:26 AM

lots and lots and lots of punk rock, rockabilly, and ska
but I'm a weirdo.. I can listen to Bad Religion and then switch it over to a Dvorak symphony in the blink of an eye:dizzy:

Gamerchick 01-07-2007 11:25 AM

I'm not into the music other teens listen to that much. I like Metallica, Nightwish, Enya, jazz, classical (mostly cello), big band and swing, tehcno (Paul Van Dyke), game/anime music, Jpop (Japanese pop), Rammstein, etc.

tweetyandme 01-09-2007 10:43 AM

'Queen' "We will rock you..............We are the Champions!"

What is the correct title for the song................?

Losingme 01-09-2007 10:54 AM

I love Music...

I love music threads, and in my opinion, there just isn't enough of them. I am hopelessly stuck in the 90's. Most music of today totally turns me off. I love The Wallflowers, Counting Crows, Allana Davis, Blind Melon, Bon Jovi, Collective Soul, Everclear, Gin Blossoms, Live, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Oasis, Tom Petty (although not from the 90's), Soul Asylum, U2, Vertical Horizon, etc. I love the whole Singer Songwriter thing from the 90's. Don't even get me started on music, I could talk all day.

tweetyandme 01-09-2007 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Losingme (Post 1523760)
I love music threads, and in my opinion, there just isn't enough of them. I am hopelessly stuck in the 90's. Most music of today totally turns me off. I love The Wallflowers, Counting Crows, Allana Davis, Blind Melon, Bon Jovi, Collective Soul, Everclear, Gin Blossoms, Live, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Oasis, Tom Petty (although not from the 90's), Soul Asylum, U2, Vertical Horizon, etc. I love the whole Singer Songwriter thing from the 90's. Don't even get me started on music, I could talk all day.

Please DO talk more about it. Music is food for the soul! I like Vertical Horizon. They sing "Everything you want" which i am listening to on my MP3 player right this very second!

Do you know who sings the song "If you could only see" or whatever it's called?:carrot: It's recent.

Haha, the song ended, now "Where ever you will go" by ' The Calling' is palying. Do you like them?