Teas???

• Can you guys help me??

What kind of teas/hot drinks help soothe chest pains/sore throats associated with a cold/flu???

Thanks in advance!
  • I didn't know there were any other than adding lemon and honey to tea where honey helps soothe the throat. Apparently ginger is also pretty good if you have a cold. I like lemon ginger tea which I drink once in a while. Also any hot drinks will help as they can also be soothing.

Usually if I have a cold, I drink theraflu and that makes me feel a lot better. Something about the warmth mixed with the medicine.
  • Echinacea, it boosts the immune system.
  • I like adding some lemon juice and honey to boiling water. Ginger is supposed to be good, too - best if you actually slice up some ginger and add it to boiling water. Also, goldenseal is a mild antibiotic, and you can get teas with that. See if you can find a line of teas called Traditional Medicinals - they make a tea specifically for sore throats.
  • I always prefer peppermint tea for soothing my throat, aching chest, etc.
  • Any hot drink with lemon (vit. c) will help soothe sore throat.. Have u tried theraflu? Its not a tea but it just works wonders for me. I drink it at nightime
  • Ginger tea from Traditional Medicals for me.

If I have a sore throat I heat 1 cup of water on the stove and add a little fresh grated ginger, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, a dash of cayenne pepper and 1/2tsp honey.

Sounds gross but it works!