General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 06:01 PM   #1  
LLV

Default Dental insurance for kids?

My son (7 years old) is on his father's health insurance plan from work, but unfortunately they don't have dental. And my son has a cavity that needs filled. He's too young to start losing his permanent teeth and I don't want it to get to the point where the tooth goes completely bad and they have to pull it out. However, the work he needs done will cost over $300 and I just can't afford that.

Are there dental plans out there for kids that one can purchase from an independent provider?
Old 01-08-2007, 06:09 PM   #2  
Addicted to potato salad!

Do you have Child Health Plus in Michigan (I'm assuming Michigan from your avatar)? It's offered here in NY through Blue Cross/Blue Shield. I'd check into that. Look up a Children's Clinic in your area, as well...the ones for people on WIC or Medicaid. They help anyone that is in need, not just people totally on the down and out.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:18 PM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I don't know of plans, but you might want to ask if they treat pre-existing conditions like health insurance...ie: do they cover them? Most insurance policies make you wait a year on pre-existing conditions.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:43 PM   #4  
No description available.

Ask the school nurse if she (or he) knows of any low cost dental clinics.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:44 PM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

If you are in an area with a University, there may be a Dental Faculty that provides excellent treatment at very reasonable costs.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:08 AM   #6  
LLV

Thanks, everyone, I'll look into some of those options
Closed Thread