3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Black Christmas... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/100690-black-christmas.html)

jules1216 12-30-2006 07:11 AM

Black Christmas...

This movie is REALLY BAD..save your $. My daughter and I were suppossed to go see The Holiday a few weeks ago and it didn't work out. We were at the mall and went in to just check movie times and Black Christmas was starting in like 5 minutes and The Holiday was another 45 so we to Black Xmas and regretted it. What a waste of time and money!! :(

Ruthxxx 12-30-2006 08:58 AM

Just the name would turn me off!

jules1216 12-30-2006 10:38 AM

My daughter loves horror movie which this was suppossed to be.

EZMONEY 12-30-2006 10:54 AM

Thanks for the review movie mom ;)

jules1216 12-30-2006 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZMONEY (Post 1509337)
Thanks for the review movie mom ;)

Anytime....she wants to start taking in a movie at least one Friday a month when we are both off. A Mom and daughter day, we will alternate who picks. She did say she was sorry for making me sit through this one!! I am willing to see a few bad movies for the opportunity to spend the day with my almost 20 year old daughter who moved out when she was 18.

EZMONEY 12-30-2006 11:28 AM

Angie went with her family to the movies Thursday, her sister and neice saw Charlotte's Web, they loved it, Angie and my brother in law saw Good Shepherd and enjoyed that.

Ruthxxx 12-30-2006 11:37 AM

I'm confused. Isn't Charlotte's Web a remake? Seems to me I saw it ten years ago but then parts of my brain have sloughed off lately! I do remember a really charming border collie but .....

jillybean720 12-30-2006 11:46 AM

I do believe Charlotte's Web is a remake, and Black Christmas is actually a remake as well. The original was okay, but just based on the previews I've seen for the new one, this Black Christmas adds a lot that really did not need to be added, IMO--probably ruins the movie more than it helps it. With horror movies, sometimes it's the unknown factors that make it scarier--not everything really requires an explanation or back story.

Anyway, I haven't seen it yet, but my mother, father, sister, and neice all said Night at the Museum was really good, so that might be worth a try.

Ruthxxx 12-30-2006 12:01 PM

Thanks, Jillybean. It doesn't seem that long ago since I saw the original. I loved it the first time through!

FrouFrou 12-30-2006 01:18 PM

Jules...me and Dd did that for a while. Now we are lucky if we get in a movie a month. We also did the alternate picking thing but for the most part we have the same taste in movies so...Black Christmas is one we will see hopefully soon. I just saw a preview for it but she had seen it and has been talking about it for a while. We both love horror and gore...the worse it is the better, lol.

Dh and I went to see The Pursuit of Happyness on Christmas day and it was pretty good. It seemed a little too long (think they could have cut some things out) but otherwise it was good. Will Smith's 'real' son played his son in the movie and he is soooo cute!

Zorak 12-30-2006 04:43 PM

The original is great, however the remake looks horrible.

alinnell 12-30-2006 05:37 PM

Seriously, how many re-makes are better than the original anyway? I really can't think of any off the top of my head. Obviously the original is just so good that someone thinks they can do it better. IMO, stick with the original!

jules1216 12-30-2006 06:22 PM

My son told me Rob Zombie is doing over the Halloween Classic movie. He commented on the number of remakes or when that fails all the old comic books being made into movies.

Sassy_Chick 12-30-2006 06:45 PM

Hey Jules, thanks for the heads up. I like horror movies too. I thought of one "remake" I do like better than the original, "Amityville Horror", the one they just remade, I think they did a really really good job on the remake. ;)

techwife 12-30-2006 07:56 PM

We saw Charlotte's Web and Night at the Museum. I was left kind of okay after Charlotte's Web...it was just okay. But Night at the Museum was a riot! A must-see!!

Black Christmas wasn't on my list of movies to see...I can't even look when the commercials are on... :fr: I'm a kid or chick-flick kind of movie watcher.