3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Fitday - weird activities (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/100590-fitday-weird-activities.html)

jtammy 12-28-2006 09:55 PM

Fitday - weird activities

I was posting my exercise in fitday tonight and noticed how strange some of the activities were.

For example:
  • cooking Indian bread on an outside stove - 3.59 cal/min burned
  • canoeing, harvesting wild rice, knocking rice of - 3.95 cal/min burned
  • steel mill, fettling - 5.99 cal/min burned
  • walking to and from an outhouse - 2.99 cal/min burned

I'm not even sure what "fettling" is, although it sure burns more calories than walking to the outhouse. ;) It just makes me wonder how the person that compiled the lists of activities decided what should go in and what shouldn't.

Suzanne 3FC 12-28-2006 10:06 PM

Did you get the pioneer version? :lol:

jtammy 12-28-2006 10:15 PM

Maybe :D , I also have "caulking- chinking log cabin". I'd forgotten about that one. :joker:

Tara D 12-28-2006 10:30 PM

I've noticed a few odd things, but you pointing these out made me Laugh Out Loud! ...and it usually takes a lot for me to do so!

eightbitgirl 12-28-2006 10:32 PM

lol, these are hilarious
yet.. regular old ballet isn't on there, just "aerobic/twist" :(
perhaps I should fettle!

willmakeit 12-28-2006 10:53 PM

I dont know about the rest, but cooking indian bread will definitely burn calories fast. I make like 8 indian breads daily (kneading dough, rolling it flat, roasting it on an iron flat pan...) I remember my mom used to cook like 25-30 rotis a day at times whenever guests visited...

meowee 12-28-2006 10:55 PM

Awwwww . . . :tantrum: . . . I want to fettle, too.

Oh well . . . off to bed for me . . . have to get up early to chink the cabin. :D

:rofl: Great way to end the day . . . :thanks: Tammy . . . :hug:

Tara D 12-28-2006 11:05 PM

Yes,

Funny how they'll have:

--Police-making an arrest
--Chambermaid
--Sitting on toilet (In case you were wondering -- 0 calories/minute -- DARN IT! I WAS HOPING FOR MORE!)
--Farming, chasing cattle, nonstrenuous (HOW CAN CHASING CATTLE BE NONSTRENUOUS???)

...BUT...they don't have things like elliptical machine!

CLCSC145 12-29-2006 12:03 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I...can't...breathe...!

WindyCityChick 12-29-2006 12:20 AM

This thread made me literally laugh out loud! After a hard day fettling at the steel mill, be sure to track your calories while enjoying a little personal time. Fitday possibilities include: Having hair or nails done by someone else; playing the accordion; skydiving; and my personal favorite, unspecified form of "sexual activity" (hopefully, vigorous effort level!)

ennay 12-29-2006 01:23 AM

Well after all, you need to do a lot of fettling if youare going to burn off fried dove (257/bird), cactus (57) acerola and sapodilla fruit salad (171) and human milk (172/cup)

Mami 12-29-2006 06:37 AM

LOL!!!!!!!! The person who created the list in Fitday must have meant this as a joke?? It IS ridiculous how they don't list some of the more normal/standard exercise activities. LOL!!! Also, the number of calories expended in some cases is so much lower than the machine (yesterday I did a little less than 1 hour on the elliptical and the machine said I burned 700 calories while stupid Fitday said I only burned 300 calories. I realize the machines are probably (unfortunately) way off, but this is a major discrepancy!

liz321 12-30-2006 11:23 AM

thank Tammy for a great thread....glad I found it while I was poking around the site....that must have been good for burning some calories.

Liz

BerkshireGrl 12-30-2006 05:55 PM

GREAT Thread! :lol:

Here are some some of my favs to burn off the armadillo, hog maws, and pickled jellyfish buffets:

(Not that any of these are bizarre but it's how specific the database is that cracks me up!)
  • Anishinaabe Jingle Dancing or other traditional American Indian dancing
  • Hunting racoon
  • Butchering animals
  • Maple syruping
  • Bathing dog (this should be broken down into cooperative/non-cooperative dog)
  • Washing & waxing airplane
  • Family reunion activities involving sitting, relaxing, talking, eating
  • Farming, assisting with birthing
  • Navy Seal diving
  • Spiritual dancing in church
  • Playing a game of marbles or hopscotch
  • Drag racing
  • Hammer throwing
  • Birdwatching
  • Walking for pleasure (vs. plain walking heh!)
  • Moving ice house

But then, none of these can top fettling IMHO. ;)

I'm trying to imagine one person doing all of the above in 1 day. I bet it'd be a real calorie-burning workout! :lol:

ennay 12-30-2006 08:24 PM

maple syruping...depends how much sampling you do...