Help! Ideas on where else/how to donate furniture ASAP?

• I'm getting ready for an out-of-state move, and I'm moving from a 2 bedroom apartment to a 1 bedroom. So....I'm downsizing! I just took 2 bags of clothing and a set of dishes to the Salvation Army. I had called them about donating some furniture (a good-sized desk, 2 3-drawer dressers, and a night-stand), but they say their next pick up day is a week after I move, and my car is small. I don't know anyone with a pick-up truck or large vehicle.

Any ideas on what else I can do with this stuff? I'm moving in a couple weeks.

Thanks!
  • Have you tried the Goodwill? Also, here we have a Habitat for Humanity Store in the West side mall or a consignment store. I'm getting ready to donate some stuff to them (HH) because we are doing some major cleaning since we will be moving. Other than that I can't think of anyone, sorry. But...

CONGRATULATION'S on your move! ANd best wishes in your new place!
  • We put all of our furniture on Craigslist when we moved and sold ALL of it within a week.
  • Run An Ad In The Free Section Of The Newspaper ~ I Had Over 50 Calls On A Sofa And Loveseat I Was Giving Away That Was In Good Condition.
  • If you live in a city that has it, I second the Craigslist recommendation. You can run an ad for free, and if you have a digital camera, you can include photos. I got rid of a sofa bed this way recently, and had half a dozen responses within 24 hours of posting the ad. Good luck!
  • You can also try freecyle.org.
  • You might want to try a battered women's shelter or perhaps a family shelter.