Old 04-01-2005, 11:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Default more dump chicken recipes phase 2

What is Dump Chicken?
Dump chicken is one of the easiest forms of Freezer cooking! The idea is VERY simple, do NOT over think it. You take raw (never frozen) OR Frozen chicken pieces, toss them into a One Gallon Freezer Bag, then toss in the sauce and freeze flat. The key is never RE-FREEZE Raw chicken. Then thaw the chicken and cook! You can bake it, roast it, crock pot it, grill... and maybe microwave it?

All the recipies can be made with 4-8 pieces of chicken (any pieces will do... wings, thighs, drumsticks, bone-in, skin-on, bonelss, skinless, maybe even whole chicken), we use 5 boneless/skinless chicken breasts to keep it healthier.

To cook the chicken, thaw completely in the fridge, dump into 9x12" pan, bake at 350 until done. For BL/SL breasts it is about 25-35 minutes. For chicken pieces, it runs closer to an hour

DUMP SPICED CITRUS CHICKEN
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
2 Tablespoons Paprika
1 Teaspoon Cayenne
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Salt

DUMP TERIYAKI CHICKEN
1 Clove Garlic -- Crushed
1/3 cup Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Rice Wine (Or Sherry)
1 1/2 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
1 1/2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons Minced Ginger

Herb-wine Chicken

1 cup Red Wine
2/3 cup Vegitable Oil
2 Cloves Crushed Garlic
1/2 Lemon (sliced thinly)
2 Tablespoons Minced Parsley
1 Teaspoon Thyme
1 Teaspoon Basil
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper

For immediate cooking: Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).

For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.

To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make sure the baggie is completely closed. Place the Bag on a shelf furthest from the freezer (It works best if the bag is laying flat, although this may not be the best option with a side-by-side fridge/freezer). Preheat the oven to 350 F. Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).

*Cranberry Chicken
2 Tablespoons Melted Butter (smart balance)
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Cranberry Sauce
1/4 cup Orange Juice
1/8 Teaspoon Cinnamon

For immediate cooking: Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).

For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.

To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make sure the baggie is completely closed. Place the Bag on a shelf furthest from the freezer (It works best if the bag is laying flat, although this may not be the best option with a side-by-side fridge/freezer). Preheat the oven to 350 F. Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).

*APPLE "DUMP" CHICKEN

Recipe By :Soopermom ([email protected])
Serving Size : 6
1 1/2 Pounds Chicken Pieces -- (4 to 6)
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
1 clove garlic
1/4 teaspoon tarragon
1 Whole apple -- cored and sliced
1/4 cup green onion -- diced

For immediate cooking: Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Place all ingredients into a
large baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run
clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken
breasts).

For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat
in freezer.

To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make
sure the baggie is completely closed. Place the Bag on a shelf furthest
from the freezer (It works best if the bag is laying flat, although this
may not be the best option with a side-by-side fridge/freezer). Preheat the
oven to 350 F. Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and
bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30
minutes for chicken breasts).

Source:
"http://oamc.8m.com"

* With the cranberry chicken and the apple chicken, I'm thinking that 1/2 cup of cranberry sauce and 1/2 cup of apple juice would be ok, because it's actually the marinade and not much will really get into the meat and most of the time we don't make gravy with the pan drippings anymore.
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 08:19 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

These look good but have you tried any of them? Looks like a good website too. Thanks for letting us know the source.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:10 AM   #3  

I have tried some of these marinades but unfortuantely I don't have any space in my freezer to try them as a frozen. I'm on a freezer cooking email group and these recipes get rave reviews.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:41 AM   #4  
kpw

Great idea! I made up some batches a couple of weeks ago and stir-fried mine. Here's what I did:

Teriyaki Chicken:
4 large b/l s/l checken breasts cut into 1 in chunks (this made 2 batches of 2-3 servings per batch)
1 large red bell pepper cut in 1 in chunks
8 oz button mushroom thickly sliced

Marinade:
3/4 C lite soy
2-3 cloves garlic crushed
2 TB fresh grated ginger
1/3 sherry
Juice from half an orange
1TB splenda
pinch crushed red pepper flakes (we like spicy, so incread or omit as desired).
black pepper to taste

Mixed veggies & chicken together with the marinade, divded in half, froze in zip lock baggies (flat on a cookie sheet).

When I cooked the first batch, I simply grabbed from the freezer, but in the sink with luke-warm water for about 10 minutes, sliced an onion, grabbed some already chopped broccoli floerts, heated up my wok, and cooked the onion & broccoli first for about a minute over high heat, then dumped the bag 'o chicken and veggies right in the wok and cooked for about 8 minutes (chicken was in smallish pices, so it cooked quickly). With some leftover brown rice, made a fabulous quick meal! I'm going to experiment some more with other combinations.

Thanks much for posting!!
kpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:46 AM   #5  

Default Finely started using these recipes!

I found a great price on chicken breast when I had space in the freezer. I made up several with different sauces I had on hand. Froze them, I take a package out the night before and let it thaw in the fridge then cook them on the little indoor grill. They taste really good, and it's so easy.

Sarah
Old 05-12-2009, 03:14 AM   #6  
I'm FOCUSED man!!!

S/C/G: 273-267-150

Height: 5'6

Going to try these this weekend. YAY.
D Red757 is offline   Reply With Quote