Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 01:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Default What should I have for dinner?

I like most veggies. I'm looking for something that is either chicken, shrimp, or vegetarian. And that a crummy cook (me) to cook, without too much prep time or 'odd' ingredients.

So what should I have for dinner?
Old 11-17-2006, 01:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/207/135

Height: 5'6

Do you have a Foreman Grill? I usually cook chicken on there with only salt and pepper for about 8 minutes. It sounds bland, but it is not. I'm am practically begged to make it. If you don't have one, you could do it on the stove over mediumish for 4-5 minutes on each side.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:04 PM   #3  

Hrm, I could do that. I have a Foreman-type grill.

I might do that and make myself a grilled chicken sandwich on my whole grain hamburger bun.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:08 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I have one of those cast iron flat grills that you put over your stove. I love it. Or use your Foreman grill

I marinade chicken cutlets with some fresh garlic, a little salt and pepper and onion powder, maybe a little hot pepper flakes and then I cook it on the grill which I have sprayed with Pam.

You can slice it up and add it to a big salad, yumm.

You can broil a sliced tomato and put it on top of the cutlet, serve it with steamed vegetables.

You can cut it up and add it to a stir-fry of broccoli, mushrooms, red peppers, carrots and onions seasoned with a little ginger, garlic and soy sauce.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:15 PM   #5  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default How about "mock" abalone?

Take a boneless skinless chicken breast. Pound the tar out of it.

Soak it for a few hours in clam juice with some sliced garlic.

It will grill very quickly.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Chicken stir-fry with rice? Just need some chicken, frozen stir-fry veggie mix, a bottled stir-fry sauce (easily found in any grocery store), and rice. You can also do shrimp stir-fry or veggie stir-fry. Very easy to make. Cook up the chicken in a frying pan (+/- a little oil), add the veggies, then add the sauce. Serve over rice. I guess you could do noodles instead of rice, too, if you prefer.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:17 PM   #7  

In the end, laziness won out, and I had frozen pizza. Well, I baked it first.

It was pretty good, though, it had whole wheat crust and was reasonably healthy, apparently it's won awards for being decently healthy pizza. A.C. Rocco or something like that. I got it at Whole Foods.

I do chicken or shrimp stir fries a lot with frozen veggies (shows you my cooking abilities) but I never do grill chicken on the Foreman grill. Dunno why, I just do hamburgers and fish. I think I'll end up grilling up some chicken this weekend.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

I will recommend my dinner. I had a turkey cutlet pan fried with a little lemon pepper seasoning on a 100% whole wheat bun with mustard and ff mayo and polish style pickles. It was mighty good.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:28 AM   #9  
stbakd

try chicken breast (boneless skinless) bake 40 min. then top with tomato (1 tbsp), mushrooms and cheese. bake 5 minutes. glen
Closed Thread