Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 11-14-2006, 07:36 AM   #1  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Default Tea drinkers!

Does anyone love tea like I do? Loose tea, teabags, lemon and honey, cream and sugar, it's ALL good. Lately, I've been buying loose hibiscus and adding in a honey citron tea. I believe it's Korean and much like a jam. Even though it's "sugary", it's a fruit serving and all natural. Anyone heard of this stuff? I have to shlepp to *the* tea store to get it, but it's well worth the trip. I also hear that hibiscus is good at warding off illness, which makes sense because I have been perfectly healthy so far (unlike those around me!). I'm also always open to reccomendations.

So. Who likes tea?
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I like my green tea (bags) after supper. I have rosehip and hibiscus but don't remember what I though it was for. I have camomille for times when I need to relax. My DH drinks echinacea almost every evening. He feels it helps him ward off colds.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:31 AM   #3  
Let's do this!

Rosehip has a ton of Vitamin C and can help with headaches and dizziness. Hibiscus is used in some cultures to lower blood pressure and cholesteral. Hey, it can't hurt, right?
Old 11-14-2006, 08:38 AM   #4  

Blood pressure, that'll be it! About 30 lbs ago, I had some alarming readings. Not lately tho'
Old 11-14-2006, 09:36 AM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I love tea Hibiscus is one of my favorites and I drink that pretty regularly. Also, a lot of celestial seasonings teas have hibiscus in them but I find pure hibiscus tea bags in my local grocery store. Have you ever taken the Celestial seasonings factory tour in Boulder? It is interesting. There is also an interesting tea shop in Broomfield (I forget the name) near Borders and the movie theater.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:35 AM   #6  
Let's do this!

I haven't been able to find just straight up hibiscus teabags.

I may have to check out Whole Foods or something. I always forget that the Celestial Seasonings plant is right up the road. Perhaps if I cave and go with DB to do the Coors brewery tour, he'll take me up to Boulder

The tea store I go to is the Tea Box in Cherry Creek. That's where I found the citron tea.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:08 PM   #7  
Just Me

The coors brewery tour is interesting. I recommend doing it at least once. And I just tried to find that tea shop in Broomfield and it is no longer there! DF will be so disappointed if we go back for a visit, he liked it a lot.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 345/330/160

Height: 5'9"

Smile I too love tea!

Well I just love tea! Lately I have been drinking hot tea. My two favorites are Chai Spice Black tea and Green and White tea. I can't remeber the brand name buth them are the same brand. I find that it curves a craving (sometimes)!
Chiema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:43 PM   #9  

I eat a lot of cold stuff ... fruit, veggies, cottage cheese ... it is soothing to have a nice warm drink.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:39 AM   #10  

Lately been drinking hot tea with splenda to stop the late night mindless munchies. Works pretty good!

Oh, my username is not a coincidence. Cut me, and it isn't blood that oozes out. I really do think I would die without tea. Well, maybe not. But I don't want to find out!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:43 AM   #11  
Just Me

tealeaf, my DF thought he was a tea fanatic until he met me! I adore tea but I prefer it cold. I'll drink hot tea once in a while though. I also prefer my tea straight, no sweeteners.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:14 PM   #12  
Let's do this!

I was raised drinking iced tea with lemon and sugar instead of kool-aid, so I always need *something* in it. I've been recently turned onto honey and haven't had regular sugar in the house in a couple of years. I've read that you should always buy local honey because it helps combat allergies that are specific to your region. I thought that was interesting.

Nelie- the more teas I try, the less stuff I need to put in them as there are sooo many different flavors out there.

Susan- I eat lots of cold stuff and tea and broth are incredibly soothing.

Annie- I wondered about that!

I did something new with it black tea. I blended some freshly brewed black tea with honey and ice and it was actually really good. It was kinda frothy, but that seemed to only bring out the flavor.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:35 PM   #13  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

I never liked tea before I moved to England. Coming from The States, it was all about iced tea and I hated it. Then my hubby introduced me to the pleasures of a nice hot cuppa. I've converted several friends and family members, as well. Plain ol' Tetley (although I like Tetley extra-strong in the mornings) with a splash of skim milk and 2 sugars. It totally satisfies my sweet tooth and is lovely and relaxing. I have tried it with sweetener and it took all the pleasure out of it. I think I sacrifice about 120 calories a day to the sugar but it is so worth it!
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:13 PM   #14  

Try different kinds of tea - its makes a suprising good twist for the day.
RunAndSwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:08 PM   #15  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I've always been more of a coffee drinker than a tea drinker, but for a while there I thought I had to give up coffee (even decaf, I gave up the leaded stuff years ago), so I started experimenting with tea and it's now become a daily ritual in the evening.

I like the chai teas - red chai, golden chai, etc. I add a little sweet-n-low or sugar free syrup and milk or soy milk. I drink this every evening as sort of a dessert. I got the Numi sampler package and liked almost everything in it.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote