Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-28-2006, 12:29 AM   #1  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Default Flavoured Splenda???

Ok, I just found this on their site.... Splenda Flavor Blends for Coffee - Yowsa...French Vanilla, Hazelnut and Mocha flavored Splenda?! Has anyone seen them or tried them??? It seems really odd to me!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/133/125

Height: 5'7"

I've tried the Hazelnut, and didn't really notice much. Yeah, there was a taste to it, but it wasn't much. But I prefer my coffee with one Sweet 'n Low, some sugar free Vanilla syrup and a tablespoon of Coffee-Mate liquid creamer. Goodness in a cup.
Diem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 310/297/200

Height: 5ft. 5in.

OMG it's great! A little expensive, but I'm a one -two cup a day drinker only so it seems like a little splurge to me. It's the perfect solution for me because I'm supposed to limit my sugar/diabetic and I'm trying to go very low fat to fat free. A little fat free creamer and flavored Splenda tastes great to me.
girlscoutmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:24 PM   #4  
Mel

I use a splash of the DaVinci sugar-free syrups which are sweetened with splenda. My favorites are the French Vanilla, White Chocolate, and Almond. I ONCE found French Vanilla macadamia which was heavenly! but I can't find it anywhere since. Maybe it was a flavor that was being test marketed and I was the only one who liked it

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 228/188/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Homemade Flavored Syrup (like Davinci)

Sugar Free Davinci or Torani flavored syrups are wonderful flavors to add to your coffee and other recipes. But they can be expensive and not readily available if your store does not carry them. Or maybe your favorite flavor is just not stocked.

I love Hazelnut syrup on Oatmeal in the morning.

FLAVORED SYRUP (LIKE DAVINCI)

To make 1 cup syrup:

1 cup water
1/2 tbsp extract (any flavor/brand you like)
1 tbsp liquid splenda, or 24 pkts (of any sweetener you like)
1/2 tsp guar gum or Xanthan Gum (this is a thickener you can buy at a candy store or natural foods grocer.)

Put water, extract and sweetener in a small pot and bring to a boil.
Remove from heat and add guar gum, sprinkle on about 1/4 teas at a time and whisk real well.

It will thicken a little more on standing so be careful not to overdo.
vikia is offline   Reply With Quote