Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 08-03-2006, 12:51 PM   #16  
lana

S/C/G: 160/157/130

Height: 5'3"

Default salmon recipes

I use low-sodium soy sauce, 1 tablespoon or so of honey and 1 teaspoon of horseradish, mix together and the salmon fillet for 30 minutes to 1 hour. then i grill it.
my husband loves it; i'm the tuna or halibut eater.
lanabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:39 PM   #17  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Default Great salmon recipe with orange juice and raspberries--3 superfoods in 1

I just tried this recipe this week and it was fantastic, one of the tastiest salmon recipes I've had. And it includes orange juice and raspberries, both of which are also on the superfoods lists! That's three superfoods in one recipe!

Broiled Wild Salmon with Fresh Berry Sauce
1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
3 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp soy sauce (low sodium is fine)
1 cup orange juice
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground white pepper
1 lb wild salmon fillets
2-3 tsp corn starch
2 cups fresh raspberries (or sliced strawberries)

Combine all ingredients except salmon, corn starch, and berries in a non-reactive bowl and mix well. Add salmon, coat on all sides, and refrigerate for 20 minutes to a couple of hours.

Remove salmon from marinade (reserving marinade) and broil skin-side down for 12 min or until it flakes easily when tested with a fork.

When salmon is about halfway done, place reserved marinade in saucepan and cook for 5 minutes over med-high heat. When marinade was come to a simmer, dissolve cornstarch in a little bit of water and add to marinade. Continue simmering until slightly thickened. When salmon is finished cooking, stir berries into sauce and cook for 1 minute more.

Pour sauce over salmon fillets and serve immediately.

Makes 4 servings. Nutrition info per serving: 320 calories, 10.5g fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 81mg cholesterol, 1070mg sodium (less if you use low sodium soy sauce), 67g carbs, 4g fiber, 62g sugar, 31g protein.

Note the calories and protein can vary depending on the type of salmon you use.

Even with the corn starch, the sauce will be very thin, so you might want to serve it in bowls rather than on plates.

- Barbara
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:00 PM   #18  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

Thanks for sharing. I'm going to try that.
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote