roasted garlic anyone?

• I LOVE roasted garlic Some dietary recommendations, such as the Polymeal for a healthy heart, call for garlic every day. I wouldn't mind giving it a try, especially since I don't mind remaining single But I'd like suggestions for more ways to use roasted garlic. I generally spread it on bread when making a Mediterranean sandwich, or spread it on a pita when making a quick pizza. Those are the obvious uses, and I can't think of anything else to do with it.

What do you do with roasted garlic?
  • I love to put it in stirfrys, hummus, on pizza...... I love roasted garlic on pizza!!!!
  • Sometimes I just eat it as it is..

There is a dinner I make where we grill small pieces of pork on a table top stove. We put the meat, some roasted garlic, a little soybean paste or hot pepper paste on a leaf of red lettuce or perilla leaves. Wrap and eat. YUM!

I also use it on sandwiches.. mostly we just eat it as is as a side dish..

Thanks for the pizza idea. Amanda. I hadn't thought of that.
  • I love to use it in my mashed cauliflower (pseudo mashed potatoes)
    Talk about a delish flavor!!!!
  • Mmmmmm, I love mashed cauliflower.

I like to roast bulbs of garlic till the garlic squeezes out of the clove, it's nice and spreadable. Fat-free garlic bread
  • My favorite pizza place makes the best pizza ever - Roasted Garlic.

Roasted Garlic
    Oven-roasted garlic cloves with fontina and mozzarella cheeses, garnished with fresh basil

I've only had it once since I started eating better, but it remains the best pizza I've ever had. It has about 50 cloves of roasted garlic on it. That stuff tastes so good, but it messes my stomach UP. I am like a deadly force the next day. Only good for Friday nights when I don't plan to leave the house on Saturday!
  • I love layering roasted cloves in a lasagna. Mmmmm.
  • Quote: My favorite pizza place makes the best pizza ever - Roasted Garlic.
    And here I was all psyched for a homemade recipe.
  • Roasted garlic with goat cheese is my fav! You can add it in pizza, salads, stir fry's, soups, pasta sauce, noodles. (garlic noodles at PF chang's are great)
  • I know this thread is old, but I had to share a favorite of mine.

Roast a head of garlic and squeeze into low fat or fat free ricotta cheese. Blend in a blender or food processor and spread on baked pita or other low calorie crisp or cracker. It is very rich and tastes like it is way higher in calories than it really is.
  • I toss fresh garlic cloves in with my roasted vegetables (onion, eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, etc.).

I looove to take roasted garlic, put them in olive oil, spoon them onto slices of whole-wheat baguette, and smear the garlic. This along with a good steak and some steamed asparagus is delicious.