Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-12-2006, 10:51 PM   #16  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL yah the eggs were a riot! Still I do NOT believe the government has ANY business telling people what foods they can sell so wouldn't want to go there. It is just sad that people are stupid enough to eat them. And ya I've eaten my fair share of garbage "food."

LOL this reminds me of a song by my favorite music artist, Randy Stonehill... the song is called American Fast Food... lyrics are at:

http://www.delusionresistance.org/ch...equator05.html

You can listen to a sample of how it sounds at

http://www.mp3.com/tracks/4182785/dl_streams.html

It's a riot and I love to exercise to it. Great Big Stupid World is also great.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 07-12-2006 at 11:01 PM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:27 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

"You won't have to embalm me when my life is through
There are so many preservatives in what I eat
The job's being done right now for you"

Scary thought.

Okay, someone found something I WOULDN'T have eaten before my lifestyle change: bacon cereal. Now that, I wouldn't have eaten. But if I happened to have been a bacon fan, yeah probably. And everytime I see that Krispey Kreme burger, I say, "I would have eaten 2 or 3 of those." I remember going to Hardee's one time and eating 2 of their spicy thickburgers. I couldn't even look at one of those know. I'd rather eat carpet.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:16 AM   #18  

LOL I was pretty bad but I would NOT have eaten bacon cereal OR Krispy Kreme burger. Ewwwwww.. SUGARY donuts with hamburger? I actually tried a Hardee's monster thickburger once just to see what it was... GAG.. it was dried out and horrible!! I couldn't eat it.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:07 AM   #19  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle
LOL I was pretty bad but I would NOT have eaten bacon cereal OR Krispy Kreme burger. Ewwwwww.. SUGARY donuts with hamburger? I actually tried a Hardee's monster thickburger once just to see what it was... GAG.. it was dried out and horrible!! I couldn't eat it.
Never had any of those monster burgers, but I did have a hamburger once from a place called Fuddruckers. I got the smallest one they had and it was still big enough to split between two people.

Did I eat the whole thing?

Yep, lol.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:31 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I used to love all the super bad for me foods - Bloomin' Onion - like 2000 calories, Qdoba nachos with cheese and sour cream and guac - like 1200 calories. That banana eggroll dessert from P.F. Chang's? 1860 calories, 235 carbs, 97 grams of fat, 43 saturated. I deliberately did not WANT to know.

There is a great little cafe in the office building I work in. Every morning for at least 4 years, my breakfast was a venti caramel latte with whip (550 calories, 30 grams of fat) and a cranberry walnut muffin (500 calories, 24 grams of fat). Au Bon Pain has a website, the caloric information for my daily breakfast was easily available - I just didn't want to look!! I'm just surprised I didn't get the breve latte (made with half and half!!).

I definitely look at this stuff now!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:18 AM   #21  

Has anyone heard of the Elvis sandwich... apparently Elvis had a favorite sandwich - and he would eat a whole one at a time...
1 loaf of unsliced bread (I don't know what kind - like french bread or what)
1 whole jar of peanut butter
1 whole jar of jelly
1lb fried bacon

(slice your bread, slather on pb & j and add bacon)
I think this sandwich had over 10,000 calories....
YUCK!
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:37 AM   #22  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

THAT was so funny! BUT OMG about the cholesterol!

I feel sick just thinking about it!

Oh did you see that sticker on the front? "Over 1lb of food!" Yum-ee!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:34 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 205/199/150

Height: 5'8"

omg!!! That is just wrong!! Yucko.
smoochie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:13 PM   #24  
Proud Army Mom!

S/C/G: 202/185/165

I think i gained a pound reading the article....lol.
The biggest burger I ever saw was at a place called "Mugshots" a bar and grill. I'm not sure how many pounds of beef it had, but it was 3 burger patties, three bun slices and several slices of cheese. it stood about 6 inches high. it cost $12, but if you could eat it all, it was free. I watched some body try, but we left before he finished. it was huge!!
mel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:08 PM   #25  

This burger tops them all. It is served at a bar & grill in Pennsylvania. (I read this in a CNN article awhile back and just looked for it, because I couldn't remember the name of the bar and Eureka! I found it online)

"Dennis Liegey, the owner of Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield, 120 northeast of Pittsburgh, said the "Beer Barrel Belly Buster" weighs in with 10 pounds of meat molded into a 20-inch patty on a specially baked, 17-inch bun.

The balance of the weight comes from 25 slices of cheese, a head of lettuce, three tomatoes, two onions, plus copious quantities of mayo, ketchup, relish, mustard, and peppers.

If you eat it within 3 hours, you get it for free. For everyone else, it costs $30.

mmmmm....mouthwatering, no? ugh.
mudbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 06:11 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
I did have a hamburger once from a place called Fuddruckers. I got the smallest one they had and it was still big enough to split between two people.
Oh ya I've been to Fuddruckers! Quite a place... and I could eat a whole one too, along with the fries.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:18 PM   #27  

Height: 5'9

Oh my God in Heaven!! Could you just imagine the terribly horrible stomach ache you would get after eating that? Talk about feeling like acid is running through your instestines! I feel nauseous just looking at that.
Ugh, bacon cereal?! Holy GROSS!! My friend, Scott, always talks about wanting to make a steak out of just bacon. YUCK!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:43 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Have you seen the Turducken? It's not so incredibly bad for you but it's in the "who'd've thunk it?" catagory.

I actually tried making it one year for christmas. It didn't quite turn out the way the picture looked. It's a deboned chicken stuffed inside a deboned duck stuffed inside a deboned turkey. Plus various stuffings in between. After I had to go to urgent care to get a few stitches in my finger after the knife slipped while deboning the duck. I decided that turkduckens are interesting conversation pieces but dang sure aren't work the effort.

http://blacktable.com/turducken031217.htm
Quote:
On Thanksgiving, Sonya Thomas, a slight, 36-year-old former Burger King manager from Alexandria, Va., won the first-ever turducken eating championship, wolfing down more of the chicken-stuffed-into-a-duck-stuffed-into-a-turkey faster than anyone else on Earth.

To win the Thankgiving Meal Invitational, the 105-pound woman ate nearly eight plates of the Cajun delicacy in 12 minutes, beating out some of the best -- and biggest -- members of the International Federation of Competitive Eating.
and another one with better pictures.
http://www.lasternet.com/turducken/
Sarah
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:03 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 275/238/170

Height: 5' 11"

Default People eat it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast
A friend sent me this link today: The Breakfast From ****.

The review of the breakfast is pretty funny (though a bit swear-y). I hope the guy really didn't attempt to eat it!
It looks a lot like something my husband would eat. He would have the calories burned off before lunch though. I hate that man's metabolism!!
TiffRidesAHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:28 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 215/192/145

Height: 5'6"

Has anyone ever browsed the horrors of the Gallery of Regrettable Food?

Last edited by harrypotterybarn; 07-25-2006 at 06:35 PM.
harrypotterybarn is offline   Reply With Quote