3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   zucchinni (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/88955-zucchinni.html)

cyclone 07-10-2006 10:47 PM

zucchinni

DO other people eat this raw...just peeled and cut up ?? It tastes good, but DH thinks it is weird to eat like that......LOL

Tori 07-10-2006 11:00 PM

ewwww, if you can do that then that is great. but there is no way i could lol

Ilene 07-10-2006 11:03 PM

It's the only way I eat it other that stir fried... I don't even peal it, I just clean and slice and dunk or with just salt and pepper like cucumbers... :hun:

Suzanne 3FC 07-10-2006 11:54 PM

I prefer it cooked, but I have eaten it raw. It's good cut in tiny cubes and mixed in with salsa or other foods. It's a great way to sneak a green veggie into something :)

Valerie Joy 07-11-2006 12:35 AM

I've never tried it raw. I should do that. I have some in my fridge now!

BlueToBlue 07-11-2006 03:31 AM

I love almost all veggies--except zucchini :p (a darn shame too, because it's so easy to grow!). Most of the time I can't even eat it cooked, much less raw. About the only way I can stomach it is ground up in turkey meatloaf. My American Heart Assoc cookbook also has a recipe for sloppy joes that includes a ground up zucchini that I'm planning to try one of these days.

Oh, and of course, I love zucchini bread and I have a great recipe for zucchini chocolate cake (sounds wierd but it is super moist and you'd never know there's a zucchini in it), but those don't really fit into the calorie plan right now! ;)

But if you like it raw, I say more power to you! I like all sorts of veggies both raw and cooked that my SO won't touch with a ten foot pole!

- Barbara

telemetrynurse 07-11-2006 12:27 PM

I love to eat sliced zucchini, sliced yellow squash and baby carrots with fat free ranch dressing. I slice them very thin it reminds me of eating potato chips---ok, I DO have a good food imagination! :D

Misti in Seattle 07-11-2006 09:07 PM

Yes I eat it raw too

midwife 07-12-2006 05:50 PM

Yummy! Raw and chunked in pasta salads, sauteed with tomatoes, shredded and scrambled with eggs!

Misti in Seattle 07-13-2006 01:21 AM

I haven't tried this yet but plan to... someone suggested to slice it thin, lightly coat with olive oil and sprinkle on a bit of parmesan cheese; then bake.

jtammy 07-13-2006 07:24 AM

I don't prefer it raw, but I have done it. I do what Misti suggested. I line a cookie sheet with alumimum foil. Spray it lightly with Olive Oil (I have a Misto sprayer filled with EVOO, but Olive oil Pam would work) Lay out my thinly sliced zucc, spray it again with olive oil. Sprinkle on Mrs. Dash then parmesan cheese. I usually use a 1/2 T. of parmesan per serving, which is a lot of parmesan for very little calories. I love them cooked this way. It reminds me of a chip because I like to cook mine until they are very well done, even crispy. Yellow squash are also good like this.

nelie 07-13-2006 09:34 AM

I love grilled zucchini but I usually cook Zucchini by slicing it up (no peeling required just clean it), putting a little water on the bottom of a sautee pan, add some sliced onions and salt. Cover and stir occassionally. It cooks in 10-15 mins and sometimes the water on the bottom of the pan dries out so you just have to make sure there is at least some water on the bottom of the pan.

I also like adding hominy to the sautee as well for a buttery taste.

TiffRidesAHarley 07-23-2006 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtammy
I don't prefer it raw, but I have done it. I do what Misti suggested. I line a cookie sheet with alumimum foil. Spray it lightly with Olive Oil (I have a Misto sprayer filled with EVOO, but Olive oil Pam would work) Lay out my thinly sliced zucc, spray it again with olive oil. Sprinkle on Mrs. Dash then parmesan cheese. I usually use a 1/2 T. of parmesan per serving, which is a lot of parmesan for very little calories. I love them cooked this way. It reminds me of a chip because I like to cook mine until they are very well done, even crispy. Yellow squash are also good like this.

I cook it similar to you only I close up the foil and make a "mini oven" keeping the juices in. It makes the zucchinni kinds mushy and potato like. I don't add the parmesan though. That might be good to try next time.