3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Cake Mix & Pumpkin Muffins? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/86812-cake-mix-pumpkin-muffins.html)

piperboo 06-13-2006 02:23 PM

Cake Mix & Pumpkin Muffins?

Has anyone tried this recipe? I saw or heard somewhere where you mix a spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin up and spoon it into a muffin pan. Has anyone heard of this? If so, any ideas on nutritional info?

mandalinn82 06-13-2006 02:37 PM

My father-in-law made these all the time when he was on WW. Its so easy - just two ingredients, and YES, they are fabulously deliciously good.
Yum Yum Brownie Muffins

(1 Muffin, or 3 minis - 180 calories, 2.5g fat, 37 carbs, 2.5g, fiber, 2.5g protein - 3 WW points)

This super-simple 2-ingredient recipe is a Weight Watchers Fave!

1 box devil’s food cake mix
1 can solid pack pumpkin (15 oz.)

Directions:
Mix the two ingredients together. Don't add anything else that may be mentioned on the box, such as eggs, oil, or water. The mixture will be very thick and you will be tempted to add in other things to make the batter smoother. DO NOT DO THIS AS IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING! Place batter into muffin tins (or mini muffin tins) lined with paper, or sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 regular or 36 mini muffins.

piperboo 06-13-2006 02:41 PM

Awesome!!! I am going to make these tonight :)

idest 06-13-2006 03:07 PM

So wait... this works for both spice cake mix and devils food cake mix? I think you have totally soved my sweet-tooth craving! That is, if I can eat just one... :-)

phantastica 06-13-2006 04:07 PM

I make these all the time. For nutritional info, I just added all the nutrition facts together for the pumpkin and the cake mix. I calculated it and added it to my fitday. Here's the basic info (of course, it varies based on cake mix used):

Nutrition Facts

Amount Per 1 serving
Calories 170
Calories from Fat 31.5

% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3.5g 5%
Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 280mg 12%
Potassium 97.92mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 38.25g 13%
Dietary Fiber 0.583g 2%
Protein 1g 2%
Alcohol 0g

Vitamin A 82 % Vitamin C 9 %
Calcium 9 % Iron 5 %
Vitamin D 0 % Vitamin E 0 %
Thiamin 6 % Riboflavin 2 %
Niacin 4 % Folate 0 %
Vitamin B-6 0 % Vitamin B-12 0 %
Phosphorus 0 % Magnesium 0 %
Zinc 0 % Copper 0 %
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

piperboo 06-13-2006 04:25 PM

That is great!!
I love fitday....

sapphire9 06-13-2006 06:12 PM

I found another similar recipe from the Washington Post's Lean Plate Club.

1 package of commercial brownie mix
1 15 oz. can of black beans

Blend the brownie mix and the beans (liquid too) in a blender then bake according to the package instructions. Don't add any other ingredients. 100 cals a brownie (assume they're cut according to how many brownies the package says it makes). I haven't tried it but this seems intriguing.

piperboo 06-14-2006 01:12 PM

I made them last night (correction, my BF made them for me while I was at the gym) - they are wonderful!! Really moist inside. I think I am going to experiment with different cake flavors, but the chocolate is really good. Good snack food, plus I feel like I am eating something really bad (good to trick the brain lol)

sugarlove 06-14-2006 01:31 PM

I make the devil's food/pumpkin muffins often - they make a good treat for kids due to the vitamins, fiber, etc. in the pumpkin. My son has never known the pumpkin is in there, LOL!

If you can afford the added calories, points, etc. for a few chocolate chips in there, too, it makes them almost decadent! :)

shanonbug 06-14-2006 04:45 PM

I had some today for the first time. A lady brought them to a meeting. She used a yellow cake mix I believe. IT was good.

bgbrwnys101 06-18-2006 06:37 AM

Also, you can take any cake mix and add a can of diet soda and nothing else for a nice low fat version of the cake. I had a friend try lemon cake with diet lemon aid for example, she said it was lemoniscious...
tara

TiffRidesAHarley 07-23-2006 04:01 PM

I found many comments all over the internet about the Diet Soda and cake mix. People are raving about it, saying it is moister than regular cake. They are also using fat free coolwhip for "frosting". I am going to try it tonight. I will let you know the results.