Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 06-01-2006, 10:52 AM   #1  
*meow*

Height: 5'7"

Default Odwalla Products

I love their food bars (cranberry monster & berries gomega)!! Any idea how healthy these products, and any others, are? Any suggestions on substitutions? I use them as a snack or for breakfast and my diet is of the calorie counting nature but I also try to watch my carb intake.

~jess~
JLynne126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:52 PM   #2  
it's always something

According to their site, one cranberry monster bar has 220 calories, 44 carbs of which 21 grams are sugar, and they have 4 grams protein, 3 grams fiber, and 3 grams fat. They seem rather high in sugar to me. I don't think I'd eat them every day, but would save them for occasional treats.

They have another line of bars called Nourishing food bars that might be a better choice. They have half the calories and sugar content. Though they may be half the size, lol, I haven't seen or tried them.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:47 AM   #3  

I can't remember which one, but I know one of them is super high in protein, I think its made of soybeans. I had it and loved it.
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote