What is this "Kashi" you all talk about?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Is this a cereal? Do they sell it in regular ol' grocery stores? Is it with the organic foods? I've seen it mentioned on the boards a lot--and never had heard of it...(yup, I'm clueless)
  • It's a brand of cereal, with quite a few different varieties. Check out their web site here - they sell other products, too, like bars and crackers (the cheese ones taste just like Cheese Nips ).

Since you're a fellow Pittsburgher, check your local Giant Eagle. The one I shop at (Village Square Mall) has a separate health food section and that's where all the Kashi products are.

My favorite Kashi cereal is GoLean because it's crunchy, low in sugar, and high in protein and fiber. I mix it in with low fat cottage cheese and a little dry SF chocolate pudding mix.
  • Kashi rocks! I love it with frozen berries and skim milk, or as a granola substitute in yogurt. One word of warning though. The first time you eat a serving of it, you may experience some, how should I put this, extra activity in your bowel region. For me personally, the large amount of fiber made me a bit gassy, but now I'm used to it and I can eat it without a problem.
  • Tastes like twigs. But you get used to it
  • LOL @ Suzanne....
    I found the big KASHI display at Walmart last night. Our Giant Eagle didn't have it... There sure are lots of different kinds-- I thought it was like one particular box of cereal, but they had a variety. I guess you are all talking about the one that even LOOKS like twigs.
  • I love the Kashi Pilaf. It's great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. As a cereal with fruit, side dish, or even as a base for stuffing.
  • Ummmmmm... ick.

lol
  • There are some varieties of Kashi that I love, and others that I don't like at all. Not all taste like twigs.

The GoLean varieties are probably my favorites...and their bars are good when I travel and have no access to a good meal. I just have one and some fruit-like tonight on my 4 hour car drive.
  • like Allikat, i like mine (kashi golean crunch) in yogurt (better than granola i think!). with a little vanilla yogurt and strawberries or blueberries--mmm. a bit CRUNCHY at first, but the yogurt softens it up a bit.
  • I eat the GoLean Crunch in the morning mixed with another brand of cereal. I eat the bars regularly as a snack and we occasionally eat the crackers...
  • I like the Go lean crunch cereal. I mix it with yougurt and berries. It's really important for me to measure it out since it's 190 calories for a cup!

I also like the Good Friends cereal by Kashi. I have to be really careful with these cereals because I will pack on to many calories with it if i'm not careful!

I was looking at the go lean energy bars at target but at 300 calories they were to much for me.
  • I had the Go Lean Crunch for the first time today. I had half a cup with a little nf milk because it's fairly high in calories. That was plenty because it's quite filling. I think I'd prefer it as a granola substitute with yogurt and berries as it's a bit too crunchy and hard for my taste (scratched the roof of my mouth - ouch!) I like that they have added protein since that makes it a bit more balanced.
  • Kashi has just started becoming available in the UK, I am not sure if it's the same product........

I bought a box and after my first breakfast thought "what are these guys talking about - it's 'orrible! Tastes like twigs!" So I see I am in good company.

I'm stickin' with my oatmeal!
  • Quote: I'm stickin' with my oatmeal!
    Try the Kashi Pilaf before giving up altogether. But oatmeal 'specially steel cut is yummy too.
  • Its paying to much money for what actually isn't much healthier than the other products out there that are half the price.