Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 05-30-2006, 11:15 AM   #1  

Default Memorial Day Weekend Eating Recap

Hello ladies! I hope everyone had a great and yummy weekend. How did everyone do foodwise? I was SO GOOD on Sat. Me and my best friend went to this Italian restaurant (which I didnt like very much) and I got a roasted vegetable chicken salad and it was ok. And the entire day sat I ate healthy, so I was very proud of myself.
On Sunday, I went to my sis' bf housewarming/graduation cook-out party. First off, let me say that his mother is an AMAZING COOK! We got there and there was a table full of appetizers. Im talking about a 7-layer dip, beans and rice, all types of chips, veggie tray with dip, and my fav, deviled eggs. I ATE SO MUCH! Then by the time the real food came (hamburgers, hot dogs, wings) I was STUFFED! But did that stop me from eating--of course not! I had a burger, a hot dog, potato salad. Then she made these white choclate chip cookie bars with almonds and I had about 10--if not more, of them. Then I had cake with two bowl of Edys strawberry icecream. I was SO sick and was in so much pain. Monday morning when I woke up I felt like I had a hangover from food. But, OMG, the food was good. Like I said, she is an amazing cook!
Im back to normal. I ate totally healthy yesterday and went to the gym. Today, we are having cake in the office, but please pray that I dont have any. I hope I have the strength to say 'no'.
ILUVFOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Ah yes...the dreaded three day weekend. I won't go into detail, but I definitely ate way too much all three days and did minimal working out on only two of those days. At least the one nice thing about getting back to work is that I know I can be disciplined about my eating. Today, pizza was brought in for lunch, but I resisted and had a salad. This week, I'm all about making up for my guilty indulgence over the weekend. ILUVFOOD, good luck resisting that cake today; you can do it.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:12 PM   #3  
LLV

We didn't really do any celebrating this weekend because a friend of mine died of breast cancer and the funeral was Saturday. So the only thing 'bad' that I had was a hamburger cooked on the grill. Our grill at home, my husband and I decided to cook out hamburgers and hot dogs and I had a ground sirloin burger.

That's about it. I wasn't in the mood for anything else.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/207/135

Height: 5'6

My family doesn't really celebrate Memorial Day, but we had my brother's graduation party on Saturday. Plus I had family in, one of them being my constantly dieting aunt who said that she didn't come on vacation to be on a diet. So I just followed her theory the entire weekend. My body hated me by the time she left on Monday.
athenac is offline   Reply With Quote