Subway Sandwich

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hey Ladies, I must confess that i truely love Subway especially the Subway Club sandwich. Its suppose to have only 6 grams of fat and 320 calories without the dressing. I do put the Chipotle sauce on it and its fantastic. I eat it on wheat bread also. I just wanted to know if this is bad for me. I couldnt fathom not being able to have my subway sandwich for lunch. Anyone who can offer advice please do so!

Thanks
  • I love the club and the chicken teriyaki.

Bad for you? Nope. Eating a Big Mac and fries is bad for you. Subway you have fresh bread, fresh veggies and lean meats. The only thing that's really 'bad' about sandwiches of that nature is the sodium content.

I love Subway and eat it quite often. I just make sure they don't put cheese or mayo or fatty dressings on my subs. I always get the sweet onion sauce, it's fat free

So have your Subway!
  • I love their Roasted chicken, but I have it with Mayo, maybe I should try one of the sauces instead? You know what I totally blanked out! I forgot all about Subway! DUH! Its tough for me to eat healthy working late shifts, so subway would work for a night or two! Like you said, better than Mickey D's Big Mac and Fries!

*Flady*
  • mmm...Subway Chicken Teriyaki on honey oat bread...YUM! The honey oat bread adds a few more calories, but I find it's usually less chewy than the plain wheat bread, and I'm just not a big fan of white anymore (I think it's a mental block by now that white=unhealthy, even though the darker breads are still just as unhealthy ). Anyway, I don't like many veggies at all, so I just get the sub with the teriyaki chicken, lots of lettuce, a sprinkling of onion, and the sweet onion sauce. If I could afford to eat it every day, I would in a heartbeat! Oh, and I've gotten it on a wrap instead of bread, too--reduces the calories and carbs and is still very yummy, although it seems much smaller and actually costs extra
  • How come the better it is for you, the more it costs?

I like spicy brown mustard myself. And lean ham, TONS of veggies.
    Subway is about the best place to go for a salad, too. You can get spinach and lean meats and dressing is always on the side - some of those dressing packets are HUGE!
  • I subway!! I get any of the 6 under 6 grams/fat ones... usually whichever is on sale for that day... and I load up with ALL the veggies... and just top with salt / pepper / oregeno, and a little vinegar ~ that's all the dressing I need!

Now if I just could eat salads as easily!
  • Mmm, I am a *big* fan of the subway club, too! I just moved into a new apartment and there's a subway in the shopping center across the street! Woo hoo! I like that they give you more meat for roughly the same amount of calories. I always get mine with lettuce, tomato, pickles, banana peppers, onions, and honey mustard dressing (it's fat free). No cheese, and I find that nowadays I don't miss it since I'm loaded up with crunchy, fresh veggies.
  • I love the Chipolte sauce too, but it has about 10g of fat in it. So I just use the sweet onion sauce that is fat free. It tastes really good too.
  • I love subway! One thing I've learned is to request "double" meat---usually the roasted chicken. It cost $1 more, even on 12 inches and they give you twice the meat. I take off the extra meat and use it for a salad the next day or share with dh.
  • Subway rocks!

• I was never a big fan of Subway. Then one day recently I ventured in. I must agree on the taste of some of the new sauces that they have. The Chipotle is fantastic.
  • I tried the new sub they have now, the Tuscan Chicken. It was wonderful. I got it without cheese and had them add on lettuce, tomato and onion (there's already grilled sweet peppers and onions on it, but I'm an onion fanatic) and a light sprinkling of the fat-free sweet onion sauce.

It was awesome, I hope they keep that one.
  • Another Subway fan here! I too like the subway club but with nothing on it. Just meat and white bread. DD got me started eating it that way...thought it was weird but I like the way it taste. Also like the tuna which I know is higher in cals but still like it. Now that I do get on the honey oat bread, sometimes wheat and with lettuce, tomato, pickle and a little dab of mayonnaise. It just tastes so good on the honey oat bread. Never tried any other sandwiches there but tried the vegetable beef soup one cold day and OMG it was soooo good!
  • I like the Club, too. The Club and the Teriyaki chicken are my favorites. I always get them with loads of veggies (including spinach and cucumber) no cheese and no mayo or anything like that. Just a little sprinkle of the sweet onion sauce and I'm good to go.

Another fave of mine that I only have on rare occasions is the seafood and crab. I sometimes get the seafood and crab salad and then every once in a great while I'll get the sub. Fattening because of the mayo, but they claim they at least use the light mayo instead of full fat.

I love their honey oat bread but it's more calories than the regular wheat, so the wheat is usually what I get because I try and save calories anywhere I can. Used to be I'd only get the white bread, but I 'weaned' myself over to the wheat instead.
  • Quote: I love their honey oat bread but it's more calories than the regular wheat, so the wheat is usually what I get because I try and save calories anywhere I can. Used to be I'd only get the white bread, but I 'weaned' myself over to the wheat instead.
    But it's just regular wheat bread, not whole wheat bread, so isn't it just about the same nutritionally as the white?

I always get the honey oat bread. I don't think it's so many more calories that it will throw my diet off track. I've also started getting the teriyaki chicken on a wrap sometimes (if I'm not as hungry for lots of food). It's VERY yummy!