Diet Soda

• Hello Ladies-
    I have registered at this site about a month ago, but have never actually posted. But I am ALWAYS reading what everyone has to say and enjoy everyones stories, advice, encouragement and facts. So I have a wierd question: Is diet soda REALLY calorie free? I was drinking a Diet Mountain Dew on Sunday and noticed that the front of the bottle read: A Low-Calorie Food. Can something that claims to be calorie free be considered low-calorie? Also, I know that the FDA will allow a product to claim that it has zero calories if it contains less than 5 calories. Is this the case with diet soda? If so, when I drink a bottle of my fav soda, and the serving per container is 2.5 (which most bottle drinks contain), does that mean Im taking in about 17 calories? Thank you all in advance---and Im gonna start posting regularly! :0)
  • I think it does have a trivial amount of calories. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Yucko I can't stand Diet Pop. If I do drink "flavored" stuff I use Crystal Lite. It still has 5 calories though. Better than regular soda!
  • I don't worry about the small number of calories- especially if the drink is ice cold: http://science.howstuffworks.com/question447.htm

But I have to admit that I am a long-time Diet Coke addict. I've quit smoking (years ago), I've completely changed my dietary regime, I've gotten off the couch and into the gym, but my DC is where I draw the line.