3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Coffee Lovers? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/84585-coffee-lovers.html)

HandbagAficionado 05-17-2006 10:26 AM

Coffee Lovers?

Well, I think I am finally going to have the change how I drink my coffee. Coffee is one of my true loves, however, I like it with flavored creamer. Right now I use the fat free stuff, but even that (International delights, Coffeemate, etc.) you have to add a TON of to get good flavor. Thank God I don't have a Starbucks en route to work because I would be doomed - although I do treat myself to a Cafe Mocha (made with nonfat milk) once every week or two ... yummmmmm. :coffee:

Anyway, anyone have any low cal, low fat suggestions? I've done the FF half & half too ... just doesn't give me the same results. I've cut down from two lousy cups of coffee (with minimal FF creamer) to just one semi-okay cup - I figured I might as well enjoy it if I am going to drink it ... but I am not really happy with that either.

I grind/brew my own on the weekdays, but I just can't find something to put IN it that makes it taste even somewhat close to what a full fat flavored creamer cup tastes like.

I suppose I am looking for a miracle ... lol

Kelly :moo:

Jen415 05-17-2006 10:45 AM

Have you tried adding sugar free syrups in it? Davinci is a good brand....I know it's not the same, but it's better than nothing....

phantastica 05-17-2006 11:00 AM

I love coffee, too. I used to use half-and-half in a good-quality brew, but I switched to whole milk for a while, then switched to 2% milk for a while, and now I use 1% milk. I can't go skim, there needs to be a little fat in it.

About once a week, I get a soy latte as a treat. Sometimes a skim latte, but soy tastes much more smooth to me.

LindaT 05-17-2006 11:29 AM

I love a mixture of a Sugar Free Torani Syrup and a couple of Tablespoons of Evaporated Skim Milk. But my favorite thing to do is mix a packet of sugar free hot cocoa into the coffee and then pour that over ice. 50 calorie iced mocha. When I am home I'll add some sugar free syrups and a little evap milk which brings it to about 75 calories and just delicious!

rebelridergirl 05-17-2006 03:55 PM

LindaT- That's a fabulous idea about the iced mocha! YUMMM!!!

suechef 05-17-2006 10:18 PM

I use lots of vanilla soy milk, but it does not taste the same. I had to wean myself onto it. The good thing is that it's very high in fiber & protein. The creamer stuff is often ff but very high in sugar, with more calories than half and half, plus lots of chemicals which may or may not be good for you (I have no idea what all that stuff is!)
cheers,
Sue

HandbagAficionado 05-19-2006 12:42 PM

Thanks for the input, guys!

I have tried the Davinci, but it was a couple years ago. I think I will give it another shot.

Sue, ITA about the creamers - that is why I am trying to cut down!

THANKS!

sweetlovin 05-19-2006 06:50 PM

I use low fat non dairy creamer (mine doesnt have any sugar, it's the powder stuff) and sweet and low. yum!