Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 05-15-2006, 11:40 AM   #1  
LLV

Default Quick and Easy Squash Soup

I loooove winter squash (butternut and acorn being my faves) and I also love squash soup, but every recipe of mine for squash soup calls for butter and pecans and other ingredients I don't really want in it. I've even tried the Campbell's Select (in the box) Golden Butternut, and while it was okay, I wasn't crazy enough about it to buy it again. So today I made my own for lunch. Not using a recipe, but throwing together my own ingredients as sort of an experiment of sorts to see if it would turn out okay. And it's fabulous! So I figured I'd share it for you winter squash lovers.

1 12oz. package frozen cooked winter squash
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 cup water
1-2 pinches of brown sugar (if ya like it a little sweet)

I put the frozen squash in a microwave-safe dish and thawed it till it was warm. Then I boiled the chicken cube in the water until dissolved. Then I dumped the thawed squash into the water and stirred it around, then added the brown sugar. I let it cook for a little while and voila - almost instant winter squash soup that, in my opinion, is way better than the Campbell's Golden Butternut.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:18 PM   #2  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

YUMMMMMMMMM......... I also love squash! I'll have to try this!

Thanks, Linda!! You seem to have some really yummy recipes! I'd love to try your cooking, I can tell you're a really good cook!
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:56 PM   #3  
LLV

I love to cook. Get me in the kitchen and I'm a maniac, lol.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote