Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-21-2005, 01:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/191/147

Height: 5'8''

Default Chicken Sausage or Chicken Strips w/ Baked Fries - Low Cal Solution-Fast Food Craving

Here is what I do when I'm craving fast food... I bought myself these really good chicken sausages from Trader Joes - they have only 90 calories and 4 grams of fat per link. You can probably find another version at any grocery store if you don't have a Trader Joes. Whenever I want fast food, I fry one in cooking spray, steam a whole bunch of veggies and bake a small potato (in fry-slices) at 400 degrees for about 20-30 minutes on a baking sheet, lightly sprayed (flip once, seasoned with hot salt or just salt and pepper). Sometimes I'll cut strips of chicken and bake those (without breading them, although lightly breaded is not that bad). I eat the chicken or sausage with a mustard and the fries with a low sugar ketchup - YUM!! Next time I will be eating the sausage with sauerkraut!
eesabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:54 PM   #2  
Egy Kis Lany

I just bought some of the sausages at Trader Joe's a few nights ago, I put it on a pizza and it was good.
They had several varieties to choose from.
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 08:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/191/147

Height: 5'8''

Ooh!! Good idea sticking the sausage on pizza! YUM! I've been making a lot of fajita pizzas lately... just the other day I was thinking I wanted meat on it, but couldn't think of something easy to do - that's perfect!

I got the Chicken sausage with garlic - what kinds did you try? If bell peppers were cheaper (*sigh* not for anther 8 months) I would make sausage with peppers.
eesabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:04 PM   #4  
Egy Kis Lany

I got the sundried tomato ones.
(I looked at the back of the packages, and they don't all have the same nuttritian info, so watch it closely).

I'm looking forward to trying some new kinds...
and I'm also looking forward to bell peppers. *sigh*
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote