Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-15-2005, 12:56 AM   #1  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

Default Any tuna recipes

Hey, ladies do you have any good tuna recipes. If you do, will you post it please. I like tuna, but I makes tuna salad and casserole, and thats about it. Please let me know.

tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 01:28 AM   #2  

My favorite tuna recipi is from the zone. Mix tuna with LF yougert, add dill, & onion powder. Put tuna in the center of your plate and surround it with mandarin oranges, strawberries & blueberries, top tuna with slivered almonds and paprika.
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 02:30 AM   #3  

Cook some pasta (1 cup, cooked). In a saucepan, heat some veggies and the tuna (1 cup stir-fry veggies, about 3 ounces of tuna or however much you want). Crumble in some goat cheese (soft! - 1 or 1.5 ounces) at the end. Mix the pasta and veggie/tuna/cheese mix in a bowl. Eat! (The cheese will melt as the hot veggies and pasta mix, and it coats everything lightly). Amounts given make one serving, about 450 calories depending on how much goat cheese and which veggies you use.
oliviacw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:35 AM   #4  
Egy Kis Lany

Hmm... I usually only make tuna salad and casserole, too...

Oooh! How about tuna-cakes (like crab cakes?!) You could mix the tuna with some egg white, seasonings, bread or cracker crumbs, and then either pan-fry in spray oil or bake them. You could modify for 'tuna burgers', too!
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 02:14 PM   #5  
wannaBaloser

I make tuna or crab or salmon cakes all the time. I usually add some grated carrot or zucchini and crumbs and egg whites and herbs of choice...like basil and dill or savory and salt and pepper or lemon pepper and then bake them
( if I am feeling extravagant and and indulgent I add some chopped capers or black olives, and rarely some grated low fat cheese) Serve with a salad or soup and fruit for dessert and it is a great lunch or dinner. Humm, I have not made any this week.....gotta go

every single crumb .....speaks from my hip

wannaBaloser
wannaBaloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 04:31 PM   #6  
I wanna be a page 5 girl

I mix tuna up with a little mayo, tiny bit of mustard, and mozzerella cheese with a bit of the top from the bellpepper in it. Then I stuff it in a bell pepper (I microwave the bell pepper a couple minutes first) and bake it or microwave it completely.
Yum.
EarthyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 02:09 AM   #7  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Oh, I love tuna!
mashing up tuna and mixing it with low fat mayo and some corn, using it as a filler for a wholemeal bread sandwich! or a bagette, add lettace and tomartoes!
or the same kind or ingredients(maybe onion instead of corn) mixed with hot pasta.
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 09:43 PM   #8  
a new me, I soon will be

Okay, I mix tuna with chopped onion, pickle, carrot, and tomato. Then stir in a light vinagrette and some Garlic & Herb Mrs. Dash. Then I'll either eat it with crackers or put it atop a bed of lettuce.
becgris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 02:07 AM   #9  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

I make a chunky sauce with tuna & veggies mixed with low sodium crushed tomatoes, garlic, and whatever herbs or spices I feel like. Good over whole-wheat pasta.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:31 AM   #10  

I make a super yummy tuna & walnut salad. Basically I chop up some lettuce, add 1/2 a can of tuna per serving, add tomatoes, walnuts(which i have to say, i didnt care for the first time i made this salad-but by the end of the bowl i was loving them!); then i add a few small squirts of sauerkraut, olive oil vinaigrette (I use one from "Carb Options") and then i top it off with a few sprinkles of parmesan cheese.

I don't know if this is what you were looking for- but I would definetely recommend it! Everyone that's tried this just absolutely loves it
xostephie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:22 PM   #11  
fighting the sugar demon!

S/C/G: 281/263.9/190

Height: 5'8.5

saute some garlic, onions, mushrooms, and bell peppers if you like. Add tuna, lemon pepper seasoning, and cook until heated. Eat on top of salad greens or with a pita or tortilla.
irisheyes213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default Tuna Patty Question

How do you make your tuna patties without frying them (and still have the same crust)?
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:57 AM   #13  
Just Keep Swimming

S/C/G: 276/276/115

I usually just get tuna straight from the can. Other wise I like to mix it with shell pasta with Fat free mayo, fresh peas, carrots and cucumbers... Yum!
Thehopefulcry2 is offline   Reply With Quote