Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 11:17 AM   #1  

Default cOTTAGE cHEESE oVERLOAD!

A COWORKER JUST GAVE ME 2 TUBS OF LOWFAT COTTAGE CHEESE AND I am up to my neck in small curds! I love cottage cheese I really do, but does anyone have any RECIPES that include cottage cheese? I know about adding vegetables and making it sweet, but I would like to cook with it and dont have any ideas. Any suggestions would help! And soon! Or it will go bad! Thanks ladies!
Old 10-06-2005, 11:27 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

protein pancakes, my all time fave which are on Krista's website...http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html click on eating, then cottage cheese page! There's TONS of recipes there!
Old 10-06-2005, 11:51 AM   #3  

Cottage cheese is a good ricotta substitute. Try them in low fat lasagne, or manicotti. Yum, yum! I also like using it for a mayonaise substitute. It's really good as a chicken salad with chicken breast and cottage cheese mixed up with some fat free italian or cesar dressing!
Old 10-06-2005, 01:25 PM   #4  
the muse of memory

Or you could tempt your coworkers with a lower calorie version of chocolate cheesecake.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64064

Just, uh, don't mention the cottage cheese. I found that some folks didn't have an open mind about that, but the recipe was excellent. I'll make it again soon for a friend's b-day.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:41 PM   #5  

Thank you so much Ladies! 2frustrated- I went to that website and they had a bunch of things to do with cottage cheese! Thank gosh! I'm going to try the protein pancakes this weekend! Also the blintz sounded good and the pastas too, pretty interesting.

PioneerPrincess- I love any kind of pasta stuffed with anything! I'm going to try making raviolis with it and some asparagus and ham. Cream sauce? Probably!
Closed Thread