Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-12-2006, 01:32 PM   #1  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

Default Need dinner ideas

Anybody have a recipe for something with minute brown rice, veggies or canned beans or soup and canned tomatoes? Im running out of options for dinner tonight and don't really want meat.... any ideas? I want rice!
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:31 PM   #2  

My easy recipe that the kids love is porkchops and rice. I know you said you didn't really want meat but maybe someone else could it the meat. They give the rice great flavor. Basically mix cream of mushroom soup (98% ff is great) with water salt and pepper and add in porkchops and rice. Put in baking dish, cover with foil and bake. Slower and lower temp makes for more tender chops, but 350 for an hour is ok too.

I went to all the trouble a few days ago to boil and cut up a chichen, saute all the veggies and all that stuff to make chicken and rice and my daughter said she would have rather had the above one. Which is so much easier.

Go figure?
jagmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:46 PM   #3  
Egy Kis Lany

How about chili over rice?
You don't need meat for that at all -- you have tomatoes AND canned beans AND other veggies... just add some cumin and chili powder and... voila! (You wouldn't even need the rice....)
Or you can make a non-chili-seasoned soup.
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:54 PM   #4  

How about stuffed peppers? You can go meatless for the filling if you want. Rice, tomatoes, onion, garlic, spices. Whatever you have on hand, saute it up in a pan till tender and stuff it in a pepper, cover with crushed canned tomatoes and bake.
LucyGoosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:27 PM   #5  
Working My Way Back Down

I love chile, with meat or veggie, over rice. We've always had it that way. In fact I made some last night for tonight's dinner. Always better the second day I think.

You could also make a red beans and rice sort of dish.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote